GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cost to Install Component Speakers?

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
Anyone have this done? Or want to ball park an estimate?

Background:
Infinity Kappa Perfect6.1
(Have all wiring required to give them)
Rockford T400-2

Got to admitt I'm being a little lazy here.. I've already installed the amps in my car and bought MFD board to make spacers and... I just don't feel like making the effort haha. I'm not as familiar with mounting crossovers, drilling out speakers.. properly cutting spacers, wiring them through the door correctly. Just seems like I should be able to throw $100 bucks at someone else and say deal with it:iono:.

Anyone who has paid for their speakers to be replaced please post how much it cost and if (dare i say..) bestbuy could handle the task.. since these things look like kind of a pain in the ass (rivited... possible need for spacers)

Thanks

rover220

Passed Driver's Ed
Just seems like I should be able to throw $100 bucks at someone else and say deal with it:iono:.

Anyone who has paid for their speakers to be replaced please post how much it cost and if (dare i say..) bestbuy could handle the task.. since these things look like kind of a pain in the ass (rivited... possible need for spacers)

Thanks

Doubt you will get anywhere with $100...

Can´t say much in regards to BB and their installation skills, no clue

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
Doubt you will get anywhere with $100...

Can´t say much in regards to BB and their installation skills, no clue

Thanks for the response. I'm hoping it's a currency difference between the States and Sweden. My dad works for Zurich Insurance (Switzerland.. close enough to make a financial comparison right?) and said that the price of living over there is insane, like 15 bucks for a burger at McDonalds.

Anyways, I really don't feel like doing this again:

When I either: A. Grow some balls and install these. or B. pay to get them installed I'll either take pictures of the install or post how much it cost.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've been outside the Zurich building in CH/Switzerland and at the same time saw a MKV R32 4door.. being a car nut and a long time slave to the insurance industry, it was the shining moment of my trip.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, prolly run $200-$300, or look for someone local who can do the job in their garage for some easy money.

Goobax

Ready to race!
the front's are not difficult at all, the rears on the other hand..... I didn't even attempt to do it lol

In a hatch I mean*

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
the front's are not difficult at all, the rears on the other hand..... I didn't even attempt to do it lol

In a hatch I mean*

Just bought a rotozip and some mdf board to cut some spacers. That's as far as my efforts went this past weekend haha.. It's gunna take a full day with nice weather to motivate me... Haven't seen that in MA for a while.

Goobax

Ready to race!
I just bought the 1in spacers from best buy, cost all of 11 bucks and worked perfectly with my alpine type R's

Aigoo

Ready to race!
I just bought the 1in spacers from best buy, cost all of 11 bucks and worked perfectly with my alpine type R's

expanding on that a bit, you just drilled out old speakers, mounted spacer to door using screws and existing holes? Or did you need a bracket as well?

that's the only thing that's stopping me from doing it. Maybe ishould just go through crutchfield and get the free install brackets and crap, and buy spacers seperately. 10 bucks for spacers is cheaper than buying a rotozip :p

where they 1" spacers?

Last edited:

Goobax

Ready to race!
expanding on that a bit, you just drilled out old speakers, mounted spacer to door using screws and existing holes? Or did you need a bracket as well?

that's the only thing that's stopping me from doing it. Maybe ishould just go through crutchfield and get the free install brackets and crap, and buy spacers seperately. 10 bucks for spacers is cheaper than buying a rotozip :p

where they 1" spacers?

The stock speakers in the front doors are riveted in so I used a drill bit to drill them out. The 1inch spacers sat over the factory black basket retainers that stay in the door. No modification was needed to the door panel nor the Speaker basket in the door when using the 1inch spacers. I was a bit disappointed in the design of the door skin as it would not allow me to put dynamat on the inside of the door but I guess you just have to deal with the cards we are given

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
How do you like your Type R's? Ive had a pair forever now and havent gotten arpund to installing. Did you use an amp to push them?