GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY!! Stage 1 vs 350z

TheBrandon

Passed Driver's Ed
I know big whoop. But for me it felt good, I left my built 08 WRX that prior to yesterdays flash was almost double the hp (to the ground) about a year ago for my 2012 GTI.

I got my flash yesterday and had not driven the car hard at all since leaving the shop. As I was leaving work I am sitting at a stop light and up pulls a 350z next to me. I call this the asshole lane. You guys know what I am talking about. People pull into these get on it and cut you off... I figure wtf. Light turns green I get on it guy does not. He merges behind me so I don't really care if I looked like a douche. I didn't floor it but I did slide a bit and going to shop some new tires now.

We get to the next light and the guy again lines up. Light turns green but neither him or I floor it. Thank goodness because that would have been a bit embarrassing for me. As we are driving the guy takes off as I am about half a car in front and lines up with me as he is passing so I floor it and literally leave him like he is standing still. I slow down and wave him forward and go again. Same result just killed it.

We get to the stop light and the guy has a WTF look on his face. Reminded me of after I completed my Stage 3 build I raced a new Mustang from a guy who had just bought it clearly midlife crisis mode. The look of wtf meets, what just happened, is my car broke? We get to the next stop light and the guy says lets get on the highway. I told him I was going opposite direction and I told him his car looked really good and I like it. I asked if he had done anything to it and he said it had a shot. :) I felt bad at that point because we both knew it didn't so I told him its nice and looks good. He said mine sounded awesome and gave me a thumbs up. Pretty nice I am all stock so maybe he was feeling the soundaktor lol. In any case top speeds in these runs was like 65 so no biggie.

Conclusion, my car is still slow but at least it has some balls. Anyone considering a Stage 1 do it. Totally worth the money. Breathes new life into your vehicle for sure.

TheBrandon

Passed Driver's Ed
:thumbup::D

AWD BLUE BEAST

haha how'd you know! World Rally Blue, their is no shade equal. SOOOO miss that AWD Blue beast! Having said that I could not go back to the horrible plastic interior. Man it was fun though!!

Woohoo more motivation for when the APR sale comes

Skipping stage 2, but my next upgrade will be a K04. Do they discount these during the sales?

Very impressed with the Stage 1 tune though. Even though the WRX had the baby TD04 the Stage 1 was not comparable in terms of improvement over stock as the Stage 1 GTI is. So glad my car at least has a set of balls now. :thumbup:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Hilarious and I told you so :)

Ko4 does go on sale. Can't wait to see what you do!

TheBrandon

Passed Driver's Ed
Hilarious and I told you so :)

Ko4 does go on sale. Can't wait to see what you do!

You did!

I talked to Aaron (I believe was his name but it was the owner at BHRacing) and they said they had done a Stage 3+ w/ Garret build on a 2012 GTI and it was incredible. He said there was nothing in the shop that would keep up with it and it was loaded with Porches and one AMG. I can't justify the $10,000 parts & labor but I would for sure consider on the K04.

We'll have to see how long until I am bored!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
That's Aaron he's great they all are. Such a fun place to go talk cars too. I'd love to see and get a ride in that big turbo gti! Wonder if he's on here?!

I bet youre ko4 by the end of the year :)

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Now you need an intake to help your top end with stage one. Neuspeed fitment is excellent.