GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forgive an old man, but why so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
This happened to me last week. Went in to get an alignment and they said I was too low to get onto the alignment machine. Haha.

Which is why I built these ramps to get over my lift jacking points...:thumbsup:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
:mad0259:

I've done the research. Still don't like the stretched tires and laying frame when a tiny bump in the road presents itself. Airbags are a nightmare for the 350Z. There are plenty of member journals to attest to that on my350z.

3 different topics that you are all combining together. Plenty of guys on air without stretch or poke. Guys laying frame without air. Guys on air that dont lay frame and ride at stock height.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm not quite as old as the OP, 34 here, and I think stock height is just fine. The R ride height is perfect. Any lower and it's basically all for show/looks. I don't think lowering this car 1/2" is going to help handling much at all...new sway bars will do a much better job of that.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
My first new car was a 2001 Mustang which I thought was super cool at the time. When I see a Mustang from that era now it looks like a Stomper truck compared to my GTI.

808bahn

Ready to race!

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
Yeah me neither not a fan of slammed cars, low yes but not slammed. However do whatever floats your boat.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
:wosschilder980:
3 different topics that you are all combining together. Plenty of guys on air without stretch or poke. Guys laying frame without air. Guys on air that dont lay frame and ride at stock height.

The topics may differ but the subject is all the same : slamming a car to the point it's not functional - or to the point it needs special parts to bring back functionality.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Never said it wasn't functional. Just saying it isn't what I want in a sports car. If it comes stock, then yes (Lamborghinis, Ferraris and now a few 911 models have it) then its okay. You didn't actively dump the car down low and then install the bags.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Other issue I have with lowering:

You don't actually eliminate wheel gap. There is still a gap in front of and behind the tire. You only get rid of the gap above the tire, making it look like you have the wrong diameter tire :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.