GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I know this has been ask a million times but are you guys going to have a K04 flash tune? If not, is K04 under stock turbo or Non-stock turbo?

Thanks

Non stock turbo.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Alex how long do you foresee the sale going on when purchased with the AP?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Has anybody switched from APR v2.x to Stratified yet?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking it probably won't be too much longer before my surging drives me crazy and I end up ordering this to try and fix it...

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Flashed my S-Tune 93 oct map today...will be running it with 1.5gal E85 per tank and see how it runs.

Was really busy and only driving my daily commute these last weeks, so was really hard trying to even do a decent pull to log & send in for finetuning on the 91 map...

jeez

Ready to race!
Protune K04

Glad Alex started this thread.

I was K03 with APR, then K03 with Stratified, now K04 with Stratified.

The difference of the APR tune (latest available) to Alex's (the final version of my K03 tune) was the literal meaning of night and day, no joke. Stratified won that, hands down. No fanboyism, just plain truth. My Mk6 K03 Stratified tune beat my Mk6 APR tune and my previous Mk5 APR tune +intake, both in terms of driveability and performance. EDIT: I should add that the APR tunes were not bad at all, they were really good, but I did notice the extra goodies Alex's tune brought along.

Which is why I chose Stratified for my K04 endeavors.

I think the reality is that with the protune you get "individual attention" vs a generic tune. Stratified takes into account every different piece of hardware that you have. My K04 build is really mix and match of components from different vendors. And I do suppose that makes tuning a little more challenging.

Alex, have you tuned any k04s at all yet? I'm curious what sort of numbers you were able to gain.

FriggenT, I can give you info but only via PM. My tune is still a work in progress. If Alex chooses to share info here so be it; it's his thread. I know you're in MD, if you're down by the DC MD burbs at all and want to see how it drives hit me up.

I have exchanged countless (literally) emails with Alex and I'm learning a bunch along the way. He knows his stuff and explains it in detail.

As far as I'm concerned and from my experience with Alex, you can't go wrong with Stratified.

Last edited:

CHerna

Ready to race!
The more I read through this thread, the more anxious I get for a tune!

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I wish this tune came out late 2015 and would've got this over APR..