GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel offset opinions needed!!

eherma

So I am looking at new wheels.. The wheels I am looking at come in 35mm so my question is, can 35mm be ran with 18'' wheels? I am at stock suspension although someday coil overs would be neat.

Who has experience with this? Pictures?

All insight is appreciated, thanks!

Dartregor

Ready to race!
If i remember correctly the mk6’s run about -52 hive or take some stock. I ran with -42 on my 18x8.5’s and got the slightest amount of poke. Still have to install my coilovers. So your -3x will stick out farther by about 10 mills leaving like a 1/4-1/2 more poke than mine.

Pic for wheel reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eherma

That answers my question, thanks a lot!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
This is 18x8 et35 on my mkv. I believe fitment is similar, if not identical. 215/40 tires, fenders rolled. Only rubs up front if I hit a bump when turning. No issues in the back.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
The width of the wheel is an unknown factor here, btw, and that plays a role as to where the wheel sits too:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#
(it's not only about the offset)

Tire size will play a big difference role. I had 17x8 et35s with 225/45/17s and rubbed when I hit big bumps on my mk5 til I rolled the fenders and that's only with a 1.25" drop on HR Sports! The 35s are just about flush with fender

Dartregor

Ready to race!
This is 18x8 et35 on my mkv. I believe fitment is similar, if not identical. 215/40 tires, fenders rolled. Only rubs up front if I hit a bump when turning. No issues in the back.

True, forgot about mentioning that, that half inch will change the offset and should bring it back in about 1/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk