GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going lower...

Mick431

Ready to race!
I am considering getting my Golf lowered and I wondered if any of you could help me.

I have never done this before, I have no idea what im talking about and I have no idea where to start so could anyone point me in the right direction?

Clempson13

Ready to race!
check the wheels/tires/suspension sub forum...probably some good threads there to get you started

Mick431

Ready to race!
depends on how much you want to drop an how much you want to spend.

Well can you tell me how much on average and what and average drop is! i dont want the thing sitting on the floor like, and lots of speed ramps near me which i need 2 clear!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Eibach pro-kit usually is a safe bet. Check tirerack.com for more info and options

wildcars

Ready to race!
Will that fill up the arches and not give a hard ride?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
from what most have said, yes. The car looks pretty low with them. do some searching please...

wildcars

Ready to race!
@Gunkata, why do you think i posted another thread about springs, it's because the search didn't provide me with information that i needed... Or maybe i'm not searching it right... So take a chill pill...

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
im sitting on sportlines an i like the way it rides. just enough drop so that you can tell its had work but not so low that i swerve from potholes. lowering springs are a good bet cause soilovers start running 750+

mark_seis_jsw

Ready to race!
Another +1 for springs give it a 1-2" drop, if you like it then get coilovers later. I bought a set of H&R Sport springs (1" drop) had them on for a month and then went to H&R Ultra Low coils (3.25" drop)

You'll always be able to sell the springs @ about a 50$ or so loss so not a big deal and if you do the install yourself it's a cheap route as well.

wildcars

Ready to race!
Another +1 for springs give it a 1-2" drop, if you like it then get coilovers later. I bought a set of H&R Sport springs (1" drop) had them on for a month and then went to H&R Ultra Low coils (3.25" drop)

You'll always be able to sell the springs @ about a 50$ or so loss so not a big deal and if you do the install yourself it's a cheap route as well.

How'd you find the ride on the H&R? Cause i got a person here who swopped his H&R drop 35mm, for a Eibach kit 35mm..

He says that the H&R are too much of a hard ride.

mark_seis_jsw

Ready to race!
I didn't find the ride harsh at all.

The Eibach and H&R could be a different spring rate, but I was happy with the ride. Remember that some peoples sporty is someone elses harsh, someone's comfy is another ones bouncy.

One last thing is that the less stiff your springs are the more likely you are to wear out your shocks because it's going to give more travel.

richsurtees

Passed Driver's Ed
Personally I'd always go for coilovers over springs, they are a bit more expensive but definitely worth it in the long run.
Also, have you ever considered air? I have it on my mk1 and it's amazing!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
@Gunkata, why do you think i posted another thread about springs, it's because the search didn't provide me with information that i needed... Or maybe i'm not searching it right... So take a chill pill...

there are a few threads. wasnt trying to come off as not chillin' breh, was just saying.

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
I am considering getting my Golf lowered and I wondered if any of you could help me.

I have never done this before, I have no idea what im talking about and I have no idea where to start so could anyone point me in the right direction?

My car is lowered just using eibach sportline springs and shocks and it's about a 1.4" drop. I'm currently running 19" wheels: