GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just Place order for MK6

Randycfitch

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,
I just ordered a MK6; 2dr, DSG, Carbon Steel Grey, Dyna, Autobahn and Bi-Xenon. I thought it would be helpful to post the deal I got as a point of reference for other shoppers.

I went out to bid with six or seven dealers in my region. The winning bid was roughly $300 under Invoice. One other bid was at Invoice and all the others were between $700-$1000 over Invoice. All dealers required a "Delivery Service Charge" which was $400 - $600. That line item caused me some heartburn but everyone had it in their quote. Delivery is 90 - 120 days. The winning dealer was the most curteous and responsive. The bidding process took about 5 days and the ordering process took an 1hr. I did everything by email, phone and fax. It was easy and very non confrontational.

Hope this helps others.

Randy
Acworth, Ga

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Hey I live in Kennesaw and planning on ordering one around March. If you don't mind which dealer did you end up going with? I'm gonna do the same thing you did as far as getting quotes.

Sounds like you got an excellent deal. I ordered mine at invoice. The service charge is ugly sounding but really, the dealer has no control over it - it is their MICO, ad fees, local port, etc. and the legit part gets passed directly to the customer.

sportsguy

It's the 3 - 4 month wait that would kill me...

Still, much appreciated, you posting this approach and the results. :)

I'm going to try the CostCo auto program and see what it nets for me.

kgbzz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,
I just ordered a MK6; 2dr, DSG, Carbon Steel Grey, Dyna, Autobahn and Bi-Xenon. I thought it would be helpful to post the deal I got as a point of reference for other shoppers.

I went out to bid with six or seven dealers in my region. The winning bid was roughly $300 under Invoice. One other bid was at Invoice and all the others were between $700-$1000 over Invoice. All dealers required a "Delivery Service Charge" which was $400 - $600. That line item caused me some heartburn but everyone had it in their quote. Delivery is 90 - 120 days. The winning dealer was the most curteous and responsive. The bidding process took about 5 days and the ordering process took an 1hr. I did everything by email, phone and fax. It was easy and very non confrontational.

Hope this helps others.

Randy
Acworth, Ga

Sounds like you went to RFP...What did you actually end up paying for the car OTD? If you don't mind saying that is.

End of Sept. in Dallas, TX I bought a Mk6: 4 dr, carbon gray, DSG, autobahn, sunroof, 18" all season, HIDs, bluetooth (forced). It was one of the "launch cars" and it was basically what I wanted so didn't have to deal with ordering.

MSRP: $30,134. OTD: $30,000 even

Took a bit of time (over the course of 3 days) and most was done via the phone after the initial test drive. I dealt with the Internet sales director. We haggeled a bit over leasing, but the money factor was too high (out of their control). So once price was where I thought it should be, I bought it.

K

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to contribute...

I live in northern NJ and was able to buy mine for invoice. I got a 2DR manual, xenons, sunroof, bluetooth, and a mat-kit. The invoice pricing for a base 2DR manual is $21,724 (in my area at least). Xenon invoice pricing was $618. I don't have the rest of the info at the moment, but if anyone wants it just let me know and I'll dig out the contract info.

Also, there was a destination fee + ad association fee + full tank of fuel and interest reserve + port prep fee + documentation fee + tire fee + tax/title/reg. I don't recall anything else.

The key is to do exactly what the OP did, and just keep going to different dealers when you're ready to buy. And I don't mean drive there, there is no need for that. Buying a car can be done entirely through email. The only time you should be driving there is once the numbers have been agreed upon and you're ready to go pick up your new car. :)

Hope this helps.

super steve

Ready to race!
My dad was asking me this morning: do you like VW gti? or Toyota Camry Hybrid?
Without second thought I replied GTI.
Anyways, i thought that was that.
My mom and dad went out and returned today at 6pmish.
He told me he just ordered a carbon steel 5 dr gti with tech package + leather interior.

I am so stoked. He was gonna order black but he was told to wait 1month+ so he got the carbon. We are taking delievery on wednesday.
I am obviously stoked and cannot wait till I get it!

Randycfitch

Passed Driver's Ed
The winning dealer was in Snellville Ga. But I got good prices from Chattanooga too. Don't waste your time with Macon Ga dealer. They don't pay attention and their personnel don't care about customer satisfaction. You should go out to four or five dealers and let the best price win. If you want specific features --- you'll need to order so seeking bids really makes it easy to choose.

super steve

Ready to race!
Ya, my dad didnt want to wait 2 months to get the GTI. So he opted for a Carbon steel and no navigation instead...

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Sounds like a pretty good deal, I got my launch car for $650 under the hold back price, but I leased it so I guess that's the only way I got that deal haha.

Clapton

Sounds like a pretty good deal, I got my launch car for $650 under the hold back price, but I leased it so I guess that's the only way I got that deal haha.[/QUOTE

Yes, because after you turn the car in, the dealer will still likely be making a good profit, especially after it is resold. haha

calpon

Hey I live in Kennesaw and planning on ordering one around March. If you don't mind which dealer did you end up going with? I'm gonna do the same thing you did as far as getting quotes.

I am getting mine from Heritage VW in Lithia Springs on Thornton Road. $100 under invoice plus what I wanted for my trade in. CG 4door, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio. It should be leaving the factory soon and hopefully here in time for a Christmas present to myself after buying my wife a 2010 Murano a couple of weeks ago.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I cannot understand how a dealer can sell a car at invoice or under???
Why even bother.
It's not like these cars are not in demand???
Can we clarify, are you guys talking about list?
Or invoice.

Randy....what was your invoice price versus list???
________
Marijuana Strain Index

Last edited:

kgbzz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I cannot understand how a dealer can sell a car at invoice or under???
Why even bother.
It's not like these cars are not in demand???
Can we clarify, are you guys talking about list?
Or invoice.

Randy....what was your invoice price versus list???

IMHO, invoice can be a bit of a mythical and elusive number. It is highly unlikely, although not impossible, to actually know what the dealer paid for the car as it can be a complex equation. I don't think any dealer, under normal circumstances, is going to sell a car at a loss (i.e. under "invoice". The OP never stated what they actually are paying for the car so it is difficult to compare. Sounds suspect and probably should be taken for what it is.