GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
No, not at all, I have been enjoying the larger master cylinder with my 18z for a while now.
I was just congratulating you on getting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, now I just need to install it.....along with a new RSR clutch and Mfactory LSD, upgraded rear main seal.....So. Much. To. Install. Thinking of changing to the 18z, because I need to use a spacer to keep my wheels front hitting the caliper. The 18Z sits farther from the hub and would clear the wheel without spacers due the large rotor. Plus, I am trying to decide what rear brake setup to use....

Is everyone doing the HSTuning kit, or where are people buying this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I found mine used from a TT with 70k miles with the RES. It took me quite a while to find one used.... I wasnt going to pay at least 350 for a new one. That's cray.

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Yeah, now I just need to install it.....along with a new RSR clutch and Mfactory LSD, upgraded rear main seal.....So. Much. To. Install. Thinking of changing to the 18z, because I need to use a spacer to keep my wheels front hitting the caliper. The 18Z sits farther from the hub and would clear the wheel without spacers due the large rotor. Plus, I am trying to decide what rear brake setup to use....

I found mine used from a TT with 70k miles with the RES. It took me quite a while to find one used.... I wasnt going to pay at least 350 for a new one. That's cray.

What year TT's are great enough improvements for the 18z on the Golf MK6 GTI/R?

I am just beginning this process, installed my 18z this past week - added extra travel and need to bring it back to stock feel.

I plan on installing the tyrolsport bracket and eventually upgrading the BMC.

LAGP

Ready to race!
What year TT's are great enough improvements for the 18z on the Golf MK6 GTI/R?

I am just beginning this process, installed my 18z this past week - added extra travel and need to bring it back to stock feel.

I plan on installing the tyrolsport bracket and eventually upgrading the BMC.

Look for mk2 TT "S" or mk5/6 Golf R all of them came with rear vented brakes, the Tyrol bracket won't reduce your pedal travel, MC is a big difference.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Look for mk2 TT "S" or mk5/6 Golf R all of them came with rear vented brakes, the Tyrol bracket won't reduce your pedal travel, MC is a big difference.

That is meant to say "S" --for-- mk5/6 correct?

And this is incorrect because it is not a TT-S, correct?

LAGP

Ready to race!
That is meant to say "S" --for-- mk5/6 correct?

Audi TT comes in 3 flavors: plain, S and RS the 2 last ones have the same rear set up, also both mk5 and mk6 Golf R use the same ventilated rear disc. All of them can be used to upgrade a regular Golf.

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Audi TT comes in 3 flavors: plain, S and RS the 2 last ones have the same rear set up, also both mk5 and mk6 Golf R use the same ventilated rear disc. All of them can be used to upgrade a regular Golf.

Okay - sorry, I want to make sure I am on the same page with you.

I drive a 2013 Golf R, with 18z Front Calipers

I need to upgrade my Brake Master Cylinder with a Mk2 Audi TT (S or RS models only).

Or the kitted version by HSTuning.

Thank you so much for your help folks.

What is the part no. of said BMC? I will modify the reservoir hole to fit the bolt.

LAGP

Ready to race!

I need to upgrade my Brake Master Cylinder with a Mk2 Audi TT (S or RS models only).

What is the part no. of said BMC? I will modify the reservoir hole to fit the bolt.

Sorry I thought you were upgrading your rear brakes, for the MC you need to go for the RS one, since Golf R and TT S use the same set up.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

8j1611021e

that is the part number for just the master cylinder

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
So, this is listed as TT-S, no mention of RS.

This would be an upgrade to the Golf R BMC, correct?

LINK ---> Audi Parts, BMC

The golf R mk6 uses this part I believe:

1K1614019K

Which is the smaller cylinder marked with a "22"

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

jackhossross

Ready to race!
The golf R mk6 uses this part I believe:

1K1614019K

Which is the smaller cylinder marked with a "22"

Haha I think we are spinning our wheels here ...

I am looking to upgrade FROM the Golf R BMC to a Audi TTS BMC that supports the size of the 18z.

SO, I am moving from part #1K1614019K (Golf R) to #8J1611021E (Audi TTS)

Haha I think this is getting more confusing than it needs to be. Am I in the incorrect thread? I am guessing I am missing something ..