GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK VII Performance Pack Transmission In MK VI?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Are you sure the clutch disc isnt welded to the flywheel?
I had that happen more than once at the drag strip after heating the tires and then launching with a southbend ferametallic lined clutch. it doesnt take much slipping under power to heat it up enough to have it happen. typically if it is welded you can let it cool off and try starting it in 4th gear. that will normally break it loose. be prepared for chattering afterwards though , from where the deposits are left from the fusing.

i have also seen the pressure plate bolts back out and then the tob cant collapse the pressure plate enough to disengage the clutch.

That never really occurred to me, but it makes sense. I’ve done plenty of starting it in 1st and reverse over the past few days, but I haven’t tried breaking it loosed by starting it in a higher gear. It’s worth a shot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
It’s just the stage 1 part. Now that I think about it though, I’m not sure if the stage II software works properly with the stock intake. I’d hate to give it to him just to have it break straight away. Any experience with APR stage II with the stock intake?

Yes, I ran my car apr stage 2 with stock intake with no issues.I have a shiny chrome autozone intake atm and its hideous!
That's a great idea about the pressure plate being welded. That has never happened to me but its certainly a possibility.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
It was definitely welded. I’ll let you know on the intake. I think I might have all of the old intake still in my garage somewhere.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Southbend can rebuild the clutch for a lot less than buying a new one. if you decide to keep it.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Cool man lmk!
Did you get it working? I would assume still driveable?

Resurfaced the disk and flywheel and she’s good to go. I’ll probably start replacing oem parts and hopefully have it ready for my nephew by his birthday on Tuesday. He better appreciate this damn car is all I have to say.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Resurfaced the disk and flywheel and she’s good to go. I’ll probably start replacing oem parts and hopefully have it ready for my nephew by his birthday on Tuesday. He better appreciate this damn car is all I have to say.

That's cool man, if he doesn't appreciate just take it back!
I'm sitting in Denton right now off of McKinney waiting for a guy to show up with a new bracket for passenger side engine mount...

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I’m about to sell some BSH MkVI engine mounts pretty soon if you’re interested.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I’m about to sell some BSH MkVI engine mounts pretty soon if you’re interested.

Thank you for the offer but I just bought some 034s less than a month ago. I wasnt getting the engine mounts, I was picking up the bracket that connects the mounts to the engine.