Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Updated! Put on my P-flo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Ordered some new brake pads and the Tyrol brake kit. Very excited to get them installed. Pics to follow.

The canyon run today just reinforced my desire to upgrade.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Getting prepped for Unitronic stage 2. Updated with pics of my downpipe before it went on. I decided to go with CTS and catted/non-resonated because the non-catted would just be obnoxious imo. I love me some engine noise but there's a limit here. Plus in Cali we gotta watch the cops a little more, can't attract too much attention.

It was kind of a pain to get my downpipe off. That top bolt was near impossible- I was woefully unprepared for this task. Thankfully the mechanic at the shop is a good friend and helped me disconnect the drive axle to help me get it off. Was a breeze after that. All in all, downpipe install wasn't that bad.

The sound is amazing - obviously that's the first thing you notice when you fire it up. I'm stage 1 so the power is there, however, it's very obvious what the 3" does over the stock pipe when it comes to performance the moment you open it up. The car just seemed to react better, much better in fact. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time.

I also just did the Soundaktor delete myself in my driveway this morning. Super easy, just pull off the weatherstripping and lift up. My hands are too big to get under there so I just commissioned the girlfriend to reach under there and disconnect it. Then I tied it up and it was done. The cabin is noticeably more quiet - even with the downpipe I got the girlfriend approval for acceptable ride noise levels.

#success

Sent from my 3rd world assembled device.

Last edited:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Haven't updated the build in awhile.

Took off the CTS downpipe and Magnaflow catback and put on the Eurojet full TBE.

Putting it on was decently easy - downpipe being the hardest part. The first thing you notice about the Eurojet is the QUALITY - it's made so incredibly well and the detail is everywhere. Everything right down to the clamps were top-notch. It went on easily after the downpipe and there was very little adjustment needed to achieve the desired look. The sound is fantastic. It's barely loud but it's DEEP, it doesn't scream like my CTS + Magnaflow. The car just feels a lot smoother. I'd highly recommend this setup - I can't say enough good things about it.

I also accidentally had the rims painted a semi-gloss black. Long-story-short, turns out that I like it and kept it and put my Rokblokz back on because it looks fantastic.

Some updated pics:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I bought some tinted sidemarkers from another member. I'm very excited to get them on, they'll go well with the dark theme of the car. I'm also going to debadge the rear hatch at the same time when I put my sidemarkers on. Going to schedule stage two right after Christmas and going to do the DSG tune/40k DSG service at the same time. I'll take some time to review both.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Tinted sidemarkers! It's about time, it really cleans up the front.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Stage 2 - put the badge on haha

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
034 Motorsports Billet Insert installed 12/28/2015

This is a really interesting mod. It's a small piece of aluminum that cost $40. I've heard good things about this piece, but I was skeptical because this for the price couldn't work as well as they say, right? Well I was wrong. I've been driving on this for two day s now and I've done a bunch of hard pulls and I can't wheel hop up into 3rd gear anymore - I've tried! This is like night and day, I can't say enough positive things about this. A must have for everyone.

I do feel some vibration when I start the car and coming out of idle but there's no harshness to it. My girlfriend is usually very picky about noise and shaking and this passed the girlfriend test.

10 day Unitronic Stage 2 Review:

Overall I'm very satisfied. It's a tad less peppy in the lower RPMs compared to Stage 1 but it more than makes up for it by evening out the entire powerband. In the upper RPMs it really pulls hard, and this is obviously where it's the most fun. I've had it on the highway a few times and I just hammer on it and you can really feel the difference. It's requiring a lot of small tuning by myself in regards to supporting mods to get everything feeling right but it's finally getting there. A few days after I flashed I started to notice that my car was lagging a little more than it was the day prior. I had to replace the coilpacks and it runs fine now. I'd say that Stage 2 is worth it for someone who is looking for a little more from their GTI and you're already running a full TBE system or you have a 3" downpipe. If you don't have these things then it may or may not be for you as the gains don't really justify the pricetag to achieve.

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Cool build and awesome color :D

Question, I love your blacked out grill. How did you do it? I've read things from plasti-dip to simply covering the red with vinyl tape. I want to change out the red stripes on my grill as well but I don't have a clear direction of how I'm going to do it just yet.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Cool build and awesome color :D

Question, I love your blacked out grill. How did you do it? I've read things from plasti-dip to simply covering the red with vinyl tape. I want to change out the red stripes on my grill as well but I don't have a clear direction of how I'm going to do it just yet.

I took apart the grill and separated the red strips from the rest of the grill. You have to be VERY careful when you do this because the strips and the connecting areas are really delicate, you can break something really easily. After that I painted them the OEM body color and clear coated it, waited for it to dry and popped it back in. The strips are CSG like the car and everything else is blacked out minus the emblem. It flows nicely!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I took apart the grill and separated the red strips from the rest of the grill. You have to be VERY careful when you do this because the strips and the connecting areas are really delicate, you can break something really easily. After that I painted them the OEM body color and clear coated it, waited for it to dry and popped it back in. The strips are CSG like the car and everything else is blacked out minus the emblem. It flows nicely!

Wow! That's a bit more work than my capability as I'm not an auto body painter. [emoji17] I don't have an airbrush, thinner, etc. But you grill looks great so I may reach out to my buddy with an airbrush gun and see if he'll accept the challenge. [emoji39]
Can you list the items needed and where to buy when you have a chance?