GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E46 M3 Vs Revo Stage 2 GTi

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So I went against my friends stock e46 M3 with my stage 2. Mods are in my Sig.

First race was a 30 roll, I put a solid car length on him.

Second run was a 20 roll and he put a car on me.

Third one he got the jump on me since he was initiating the race and put a car and half on me.

All times I was in Sport mode with traction off. How do you guys think I can improve? Perhaps shifting faster in manual mode? The Dsg was reving all the way to 7400 rpm every shift.

I have vids I can upload tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

cbursten

Banned
Shift before redline since you're boosted. You're way out of the power band after about ~6k or so.

And your car is slower.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Shift before redline since you're boosted. You're way out of the power band after about ~6k or so.

And your car is slower.

Ill try this next time.. I shall also add that I had a full tank of gas and a passenger and he was solo with his empty gas light :p I'm JUST saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Nice runs. Without the passenger you may have pulled each run, or been dead even. Was he 6 speed or SMG?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Manual mode, second gear, 20mph roll, go all the way to readline, even if you aren't making power up top, it puts you in the sweet spot in the next gear...i tried both shifting at 6k and letting it do the work...redlining yelled better results.

Dybz

Banned
pretty sure the dsg shifted earlier than 7400... unless he has a DSG tune...

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs. Without the passenger you may have pulled each run, or been dead even. Was he 6 speed or SMG?
He was 6 speed MT, and yeah I had just filled gas and had a passenger, he literaly had his empty light on, :laugh: every bit counts!

Get RWD and go from a dig.

Like men.
:rolleyes:
If DSG is so smart why does it not shift until 7400? You're making like 125 hp at 7400 haha
:lol: I have no idea, maybe my DSG is mentally ill. I'm gonna have to try shifting myself.
Manual mode, second gear, 20mph roll, go all the way to readline, even if you aren't making power up top, it puts you in the sweet spot in the next gear...i tried both shifting at 6k and letting it do the work...redlining yelled better results.
Hmm, this is all confusing, I guess my best bet is to Dyno it so I can see where my power starts to drop off.

pretty sure the dsg shifted earlier than 7400... unless he has a DSG tune...

Don't have a tune, and it did, I also tried recording the min/max with the torque app and Vag-com, sometimes it shifts at 7200 also at WOT. I'm gonna have to start shifting myself and get a dyno to check out my powerband.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
i know. fuel cut on these cars is 7200 rpm... dsg in S shifts at 6900... so how you got an extra 500 is beyond me.

actually might be wrong on exact fuel cut... but definitely not higher than those rpms.

:iono: If I knew I'd tell you :D

But I guess I can try recording it, but for now I'm just gonna go with shifting at 6k and try that, maybe 6200