GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just received my AP...tried to install it to my car and it says not supported by this accessport....it's got latest updates on the AP itself..

I have a dsg GTi.
Where did you buy the AP from? You sure you bought the Mk6 AP? The MK7 one is different and so are every individual car ones. You cant just use any V3 AP.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Where did you buy the AP from? You sure you bought the Mk6 AP? The MK7 one is different and so are every individual car ones. You cant just use any V3 AP.

I got it from stratified site. Double checked the Ap model and it is for mk6.

Does it matter if i still have APR tune on my car?

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
So finally received my strat tune..WOW...this is my first owned car and first tuning experience...just wow, the difference is unbelievable... seriously night and day! This car pulls so much "lighter"/quicker...i tried out the cobb 1+ first and ehh i felt it and it was nice, but this strat tune blows it out the water....very happy with this!

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
So finally received my strat tune..WOW...this is my first owned car and first tuning experience...just wow, the difference is unbelievable... seriously night and day! This car pulls so much "lighter"/quicker...i tried out the cobb 1+ first and ehh i felt it and it was nice, but this strat tune blows it out the water....very happy with this!

Also, i bought the crackles in addition since it was only 10$ add on i believe, thought itd be too annoying but nope, puts a smile on my face everytime i hear it :w00t:

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
I got it from stratified site. Double checked the Ap model and it is for mk6.

Does it matter if i still have APR tune on my car?

We discussed this via email. It is possible that AP is not recognizing the ROM. The options in this case are to:

1. Remove the APR tune at an APR dealer.
2. Send COBB a copy of the ROM and they can add it as part of a firmware update.

The fastest solution is #1 if possible.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So I decided on going F23, and i'm trying to all my supporting parts installed before I order the turbo and the tune so I can put them right in. I've got everything squared away except WMI. I am planning on getting the most power I can out of WMI, but not really sure where to start. Will a stratified tune on an F23 need to make use of DPI or is just post intercooler/throttle body enough? Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not though.

Just joined the Stratified tune family during the black friday sale. Since this is the first time I've had a car tuned, I have a couple of questions to make sure it's normal or if there is anything that needs to be addressed.

I have a '13 GTI where the only mods so far is the APR Carbonio intake, R8 coils and a step colder plugs from NGK.
I drove the car with the Cobb 1+ tune for a few days while waiting for the custom tune and the car drove great. Once I flashed it with the Stratified tune I can tell that it pulls a lot harder. My questions are
During harder acceleration I can hear what could be described as a fluttering sound, which has me thinking it's the turbo spooling - but wanted to know if anyone else can attest to this.

I have the DSG and opted for the high torque version, and for the majority of the time it shifts amazing still - but ever so often it feels like it either slips in between gears or it will even sometime slam in a gear to the extent that it feels like a jolt. I've even experienced a couple of scenarios where it slipped in gear as i was taking off from a red light. The gear issues have occurred when driving in D, S and manual mode.

Last, which is more of a curious question. I seem to average -3 knock retardation on all cylinders and was wondering whether that is normal/ok or if I should ask for more fine tuned tune.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
We discussed this via email. It is possible that AP is not recognizing the ROM. The options in this case are to:

1. Remove the APR tune at an APR dealer.
2. Send COBB a copy of the ROM and they can add it as part of a firmware update.

The fastest solution is #1 if possible.

I've done #2 cobb emailed back saying they got my ROM and will support in next update but no ETA.

#1 has a charge to flash back to stock...so it depends on how whether i can wait or spend to get the tune asap...

Thanks again for the response.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I have a little bit of a problem, is there any way to use an acessport with a special obd2 splitter or something. My insurance requires a little obd2 thing so I'm wondering if I could get the Cobb and the dongle both pulgged in somehow?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
So I decided on going F23, and i'm trying to all my supporting parts installed before I order the turbo and the tune so I can put them right in. I've got everything squared away except WMI. I am planning on getting the most power I can out of WMI, but not really sure where to start. Will a stratified tune on an F23 need to make use of DPI or is just post intercooler/throttle body enough? Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not though.

Poor choice, go p&p k04 with forge WGA
At the least, go with beach buggy turbo k430

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Poor choice, go p&p k04 with forge WGA
At the least, go with beach buggy turbo k430

I get it, you don't like the f23, you've made it more than clear. It's still what I am going to get though.

FriggenT1

Banned
I get it, you don't like the f23, you've made it more than clear. It's still what I am going to get though.

It's a piece of shit turbo dude, it's also become HIGHLY overpriced. It's not about not liking it, it's the fact that it's got a proven failure rate, it's not just from me.

I don't care what you spend you're money on ultimately. I'm giving you sound advice from both experience and track record.

Don't whine on here after you've been warned though.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
It's a piece of shit turbo dude, it's also become HIGHLY overpriced. It's not about not liking it, it's the fact that it's got a proven failure rate, it's not just from me.

I don't care what you spend you're money on ultimately. I'm giving you sound advice from both experience and track record.

Don't whine on here after you've been warned though.

Can you link all the bad reviews? Not calling you out, just havent been able to find them.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Can you link all the bad reviews? Not calling you out, just havent been able to find them.

You'll have people with nightmare stories like FriggenT and other people like RotaryKnight who have no issues at all and are making almost 400whp. It's a real hit or miss. The only saving grace is the good warranty, but who wants to be (potentially) swapping out turbos all the time?

If you don't mind the possible headaches/quirks that you might run into down the road, it's not a bad option. The F23T was great in concept, it's just the execution that fell short.