GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
If that's really how it is, then that honestly sounds pretty dull.

There IS such a thing as "too fast for the street" and I'd say the above qualifies. No fun if you have to wait until 3rd gear before you can nail it and enjoy the power. Unless you're one of those "highway roll racer" types.

In other news... wifey starting to have 2nd thoughts about losing the convertible. The ol' Mk6 might get a stay of execution.

Boosted has never driven or driven in my car. #dontfeedthetroll

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Cant wait to visit, would love a ride along

Nice big ol boat of a car, im sure its cozy like you stated. Accent meh not so much fun amirite?

Accent beat out the Atlas big time...I was very surprised as I was just going through the motions because Sara wanted to try different SUV's. The Accent has tons of torque and really good acceleration. But the X factor is that it can tow 5000lbs.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
If that's really how it is, then that honestly sounds pretty dull.
There IS such a thing as "too fast for the street" and I'd say the above qualifies. No fun if you have to wait until 3rd gear before you can nail it and enjoy the power. Unless you're one of those "highway roll racer" types.
In other news... wifey starting to have 2nd thoughts about losing the convertible. The ol' Mk6 might get a stay of execution.
K04 it?

What convertible are we talking about? Meet in the middle and get a panamera?

I havent driven his car, only seen multiple vidoes of cars spinning through 3rd . Im sure texas nice warm roads help.

no secret that k04 roast fests 2nd gear

FWD problems #factsguy

Accent beat out the Atlas big time...I was very surprised as I was just going through the motions because Sara wanted to try different SUV's. The Accent has tons of torque and really good acceleration. But the X factor is that it can tow 5000lbs.
Atlas fell short on towing capacity. The smaller tourag tows so much more.

Pathfinder > Atlas

Boostedballs, what part of Florida are you in?
i identify as a Floridian. Id love to move to fort myers, cape corral area. House off the canal with a pool and boat dock ideally.

Hes in Illinois. He wishes he was in Florida. As do I :( I used to live there.
^ andrew gets it

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Dont I need a tune to run a catless DP on our cars? To pass emissions?
nope but it's silly to get a dp without a tune for power reasons or lack of.

this

no secret that k04 roast fests 2nd gear
^ does not know what he's talking about.

My car hooks 2nd damn well. Of course, if you don't know how to drive and just mash the pedal sure it'll spin. Guess this is how automatic trans drivers are used to driving though so it makes sense that you don't understand.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
My car hooks 2nd damn well. Of course, if you don't know how to drive and just mash the pedal sure it'll spin.

Quite literally you just said "if i push the gas, the car spins" so it indeed does NOT hook up in 2nd.

If you mash the gas and it doesnt hook up, thats called roasting. Pedal modulating every gear is not an ideal driving experience.

Facts guy. sorry.

#FWDproblems

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Quite literally you just said "if i push the gas, the car spins" so it indeed does NOT hook up in 2nd.

If you mash the gas and it doesnt hook up, thats called roasting. Pedal modulating every gear is not an ideal driving experience.

Facts guy. sorry.

#FWDproblems

Word youre trolling, poorly at that. If you just floor it on pretty much any car with power that'll happen.

Phur

Autocross Champion
That’s how I was used to driving before the GTI. I about shit myself when I passed my first car on the way home from picking it up. [emoji15][emoji51]
“What the fuck did I get?” I was unaware that it had been tuned. So the butt dyno vs stock specs that I was familiar with and already way more than my Civic did not compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
i identify as a Floridian. Id love to move to fort myers, cape corral area. House off the canal with a pool and boat dock ideally.

Fort Myers - Check
House on the canal - Check
Pool - Check
Boat dock - Check

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Word youre trolling, poorly at that.
gets hit with facts, starts name calling.

That’s how I was used to driving before the GTI. I about shit myself when I passed my first car on the way home from picking it up. [emoji15][emoji51]
“What the fuck did I get?” I was unaware that it had been tuned. So the butt dyno vs stock specs that I was familiar with and already way more than my Civic did not compute.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait you bought your car and werent aware it was tuned? :laugh:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Fort Myers - Check
House on the canal - Check
Pool - Check
Boat dock - Check

That is 100% accurate of what i picture. Id even settle for a wave runner or 2. Hop on the wave runner...head over to the beach , maybe snag some lunch then waverun back.
Sit outside at night bbqing underneath screened in porch . Thats the dream right there.

Thats actually your house or? :iono::eek::iono:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That is 100% accurate of what i picture. Id even settle for a wave runner or 2. Hop on the wave runner...head over to the beach , maybe snag some lunch then waverun back.
Sit outside at night bbqing underneath screened in porch . Thats the dream right there.

Thats actually your house or? :iono::eek::iono:

Yea it's my house :cool:

jk, I'm a freeloader...it's my parents house, but I live there

Status
Not open for further replies.