GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Braking like this... https://youtu.be/PxaMOpSSU-Q
They say that it isn’t VCDS and I haven’t been able to find anything. Any info would be VERY appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
I got it from Carmax. They were unaware. I found the PO in the forums and reached out. He gave me all of the necessary information. Seems like a cool guy. He traded in the GTI for a Pcar.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yea it's my house :cool:

jk, I'm a freeloader...it's my parents house, but I live there

Geez man thats beautiful . I stayed 2 weeks out there 2 years ago...was a blast. That house has to be upwards of $350k if had to guess. Popular place to retire, very high senior citizen population no doubt denying that fact. (parents retired?)

Lots of early bird 4pm dinner specials, just my style. :laugh:

Id freeload off a house like that too, if they got the room why not amirite?

11/10 , i bet you dont even realize how nice it is having that house/dock. Heck you probably never use the pool amirite?

I got it from Carmax. They were unaware. I found the PO in the forums and reached out. He gave me all of the necessary information. Seems like a cool guy. He traded in the GTI for a Pcar.

Thats a smart decision^ lol

Did you see the list of vagcom tweaks i think you should add a few pages back?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yeah. I’ve got to get to bed. Goodnight guys. Back up in 3 hours.

Phur

Autocross Champion

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Chevy's is still in Florida....that's the only place I've had it actually (in Orlando I think?) and I thought it was pretty good from what I recall
Or good salsa or something

My go to around here, although it's a chain, is "On the Border"
They make their salsa & it's always good

On a random, but sorta similar note....does anyone remember Chi-Chi's??

Decent salsa, IIRC....but they had awesome fried ice cream!! :drool:

Chi-Chi was pretty good for its time. Years ago we did not have the Mexican dining options like we have now - there were no legit Mexican places then , you basically had Taco Bell and then you had your casual dining options Chi-Chi's, El Torito , Chili's and that was pretty much it . And fajitas were the big "new" food trend LOL - Chimichangas were a big thing to no one ordered just tacos if you were a gringo

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Quite literally you just said "if i push the gas, the car spins" so it indeed does NOT hook up in 2nd.

If you mash the gas and it doesnt hook up, thats called roasting. Pedal modulating every gear is not an ideal driving experience.

Facts guy. sorry.

#FWDproblems

You’ve obviously never driven any car with any sort of power no matter the drivetrain configuration.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Geez man thats beautiful . I stayed 2 weeks out there 2 years ago...was a blast. That house has to be upwards of $350k if had to guess. Popular place to retire, very high senior citizen population no doubt denying that fact. (parents retired?)

Lots of early bird 4pm dinner specials, just my style. :laugh:

Id freeload off a house like that too, if they got the room why not amirite?

11/10 , i bet you dont even realize how nice it is having that house/dock. Heck you probably never use the pool amirite?

Yea...just about the time I start thinking about seriously moving out they moved into this house. That was last year, and now I don't really feel like moving out. lol

I can't remember what they paid for it, but I think most of the homes on our road are $500k+ and up to about 1 million. The Fort Myers side is a little more expensive. You can get a nicer home for less money in Cape Coral, but the problem with Cape Coral is everybody that lives there works in Fort Myers. The traffic trying to get back into Cape Coral at the end of the work day is insane.

Neither of them are retired. My dad runs a boat dealership and I work for him. The 2 boats in the backyard are owned by the dealership and he just borrows them for a year then sticks a couple new boats back there when he's done with them.

None of us really use the pool a ton, but it's really nice when you do want to use it though. During the summer I'll pick a few days to just float around the pool absorbing some sun light with some chill music playing. Pool naps are awesome.

If I spend some time outside and get all hot and nasty nothing beats jumping into the pool to cool down.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Fort Myers - Check

House on the canal - Check

Pool - Check

Boat dock - Check

We were so close to making that move. Too many old people down there though. We have a friend with a house almost exactly like yourself. We visited for a week and were completely bored by the 3rd day.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
TAMPA is where its at... Beaches, bars, foodie paradise, and huge car scene. love it, expensive as hell but our house value is skyrocketing. We live pretty close to USF, so a lot of young professionals not so many old timers.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
We were so close to making that move. Too many old people down there though. We have a friend with a house almost exactly like yourself. We visited for a week and were completely bored by the 3rd day.

lol...legit the only thing to do here is eat at franchises

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
TAMPA is where its at... Beaches, bars, foodie paradise, and huge car scene. love it, expensive as hell but our house value is skyrocketing. We live pretty close to USF, so a lot of young professionals not so many old timers.

We actually preferred St Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.