GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Chi-Chi was pretty good for its time. Years ago we did not have the Mexican dining options like we have now - there were no legit Mexican places then , you basically had Taco Bell and then you had your casual dining options Chi-Chi's, El Torito , Chili's and that was pretty much it . And fajitas were the big "new" food trend LOL - Chimichangas were a big thing to no one ordered just tacos if you were a gringo
Fajitas trend lol , "OMG SIZZLING FOOD STILL IN THE PAN DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO THE TABLE! THIS IS BETTER THAN TABLE SIDE CAESAR SALADS!"

Most food is now essentially tex mex if its a chain. Good mexican you gotta go to authentic small places where they serve it with pickled peppers and horchata is plentiful
Yea...just about the time I start thinking about seriously moving out they moved into this house. That was last year, and now I don't really feel like moving out. lol

I can't remember what they paid for it, but I think most of the homes on our road are $500k+ and up to about 1 million. The Fort Myers side is a little more expensive. You can get a nicer home for less money in Cape Coral, but the problem with Cape Coral is everybody that lives there works in Fort Myers. The traffic trying to get back into Cape Coral at the end of the work day is insane.

Neither of them are retired. My dad runs a boat dealership and I work for him. The 2 boats in the backyard are owned by the dealership and he just borrows them for a year then sticks a couple new boats back there when he's done with them.

None of us really use the pool a ton, but it's really nice to have when you do want to use it though. During the summer I'll pick a few days to just float around the pool absorbing some sun light with some chill music playing.

If I spend some time outside and get all hot and nasty nothing beats jumping into the pool to cool down.

Yeah the traffic was pretty horrendous when were down there, your stoplights are unnatural long waiting periods. They sucked you in man, they knew you wanted to move out so they upgraded houses to keep you there. I dabbled in real estate prices out there, if youre 1 street over not on the canal your home price is literally something like 35-40% less. I dig floating around in the pool all day, coming to your house when i visit this year. :laugh:

Where i was looking was around 300-350k for a nice home like that, probably further inland...when you start getting out towards ocean it really amps up in price. Took a drive down to fort lauderdale and did the boat taxi to see the houses off their coast...lawd there is a ridiculous amount of money in this country. Highly recommend the boat taxi , cheap and takes you right to heart of downtown where all the good food is.

So basically i talk to you about wave runners if i move to florida, is that what im hearing? forum discount on water crafts? :thumbsup::wub:

second pic is scottie pippens house

We were so close to making that move. Too many old people down there though. We have a friend with a house almost exactly like yourself. We visited for a week and were completely bored by the 3rd day.
i can see this , either move was a good one cause you got a pool.
Oh Dang - That's nice
totally is agreed
TAMPA is where its at... Beaches, bars, foodie paradise, and huge car scene. love it, expensive as hell but our house value is skyrocketing. We live pretty close to USF, so a lot of young professionals not so many old timers.
Anywhere but miami.

i like the old part , but im more of a bbq and chill guy.

i dont do bars/night clubs .
We actually preferred St Pete

Anywhere but miami.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Fajitas trend lol , "OMG SIZZLING FOOD STILL IN THE PAN DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO THE TABLE! THIS IS BETTER THAN TABLE SIDE CAESAR SALADS!"

Most food is now essentially tex mex if its a chain. Good mexican you gotta go to authentic small places where they serve it with pickled peppers and horchata is plentiful

Yeah the traffic was pretty horrendous when were down there, your stoplights are unnatural long waiting periods. They sucked you in man, they knew you wanted to move out so they upgraded houses to keep you there. I dabbled in real estate prices out there, if youre 1 street over not on the canal your home price is literally something like 35-40% less. I dig floating around in the pool all day, coming to your house when i visit this year. :laugh:

Where i was looking was around 300-350k for a nice home like that, probably further inland...when you start getting out towards ocean it really amps up in price. Took a drive down to fort lauderdale and did the boat taxi to see the houses off their coast...lawd there is a ridiculous amount of money in this country. Highly recommend the boat taxi , cheap and takes you right to heart of downtown where all the good food is.

So basically i talk to you about wave runners if i move to florida, is that what im hearing? forum discount on water crafts? :thumbsup::wub:

second pic is scottie pippens house

i can see this , either move was a good one cause you got a pool.

totally is agreed

Anywhere but miami.

i like the old part , but im more of a bbq and chill guy.

i dont do bars/night clubs .

Anywhere but miami.

First pic is your Parent's house. Dat Boosty $$$

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Would be nice to be rich like that, or maybe not.

I WANTED A GOLF R NOT A GTI FOR MY FIRST CAR. DAMNT . AND ITS NOT THE COLOR I WANTED.

I honestly dont know what I would do with all that money, aside from not be in debt anymore. I would just save it/invest it/ give it to those in need

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Speaking of money and houses , ill never understand people who buy 4 bedroom houses but only need 1 for them to sleep in. Such a waste.

Is it a status thing? Someone help me understand.

Selling wife’s wagon in case someone interested? Iono

Not too shabby

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Speaking of money and houses , ill never understand people who buy 4 bedroom houses but only need 1 for them to sleep in. Such a waste.

Not too shabby
Go around Northbrook... 2 member households in 8 bedroom homes... Why?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Not too shabby

Status is everything nowadays. Look at all the moms driving 7 passenger SUV’s with one kid. #status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Go around Northbrook... 2 member households in 8 bedroom homes... Why?
i mean i understand having multiple cars...as long as you using them...but ridiculous amount of bedrooms for why?

In my experience from friends/family with larger houses..its just more space for you spread your crap around the house.
Status is everything nowadays. Look at all the moms driving 7 passenger SUV’s with one kid. #status
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, thats another thing that irks me . For sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.