GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cast Aluminum Water Pump Kit from USP

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Any updates on this? Anyone try it. Pretty sure my water pump is shot or something in the coolant system.

Coolant leaked over time, noticed spots on driveway this weekend. Got to school this morning it was maybe a half inch from the bottom of reservoir. 4 hours later it was all out. Had to baby it to nearby vw shop for a top up.

Going to get it checked out friday. Guessing they are going to say water pump.

Get a acrid burning smell after heavy throttle. Also loud whistling noise under throttle, that I think my be the water pump or its belt.

TheRickestRick

Any updates on this? Anyone try it. Pretty sure my water pump is shot or something in the coolant system.

Coolant leaked over time, noticed spots on driveway this weekend. Got to school this morning it was maybe a half inch from the bottom of reservoir. 4 hours later it was all out. Had to baby it to nearby vw shop for a top up.

Going to get it checked out friday. Guessing they are going to say water pump.

Get a acrid burning smell after heavy throttle. Also loud whistling noise under throttle, that I think my be the water pump or its belt.

I've looked into it. Actually have an inquiry into USP right now. It looks like this may only be for CCTA engines. The CBFA ones have an electrical connection on the inlet of the water pump. The CCTA does not. From the photos on their site, it appears that USP's pump lacks the requisite connection that CBFA engines have. So, if you have a CCTA, you're in luck and I'd probably go for it.

If you have a CBFA, I would wait. Their design team is looking into it for me. I'll post their reply when I receive one.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I've looked into it. Actually have an inquiry into USP right now. It looks like this may only be for CCTA engines. The CBFA ones have an electrical connection on the inlet of the water pump. The CCTA does not. From the photos on their site, it appears that USP's pump lacks the requisite connection that CBFA engines have. So, if you have a CCTA, you're in luck and I'd probably go for it.

If you have a CBFA, I would wait. Their design team is looking into it for me. I'll post their reply when I receive one.
In for info :thumbsup:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

Thanks for the update. I'm CCTA. I'll keep this in mind, looks like my pump might be ok for now.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. Lifetime warranty for the original buyer also.

That's one of the main reasons I'm interested. I'm at 76k mi hopefully mine isn't shot but I want a good replacement option.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
That's one of the main reasons I'm interested. I'm at 76k mi hopefully mine isn't shot but I want a good replacement option.
Agreed. It may be a good bullet proof option for those who want to keep their MK6s for a long time. I’m one of them!

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm in for info. It's a good looking part at a fair price. But if the failures are from oil leaking on the gasket as others have said, this wouldn't make a difference. Not sure I believe that though, the o-ring material is oil safe to my knowledge.

TheRickestRick

In for info :thumbsup:

I never heard back from them regarding CBFA engines. However, from the photos on their site, I cannot see where they would have a connector for the additional temperature gauge. If I had a CCTA engine, I would jump on this in a heartbeat and never worry about the waterpump again.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I never heard back from them regarding CBFA engines. However, from the photos on their site, I cannot see where they would have a connector for the additional temperature gauge. If I had a CCTA engine, I would jump on this in a heartbeat and never worry about the waterpump again.

CCTA here and I'm all over this but they are not going to be in stock until after Feb 4th

zrickety

The Fixer

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I will most likely do it for peace of mind.

Below is from USP website;

Engine fitment includes CCTA, CAEB, CCTA, CETA, CBFA.

Vehicle Fitment:

Audi A3 8P - 2.0T (2008-2013)
Audi A4 B8/B8.5 - 2.0T (2009-2016)
Audi A5 B8/B8.5 - 2.0T (2010-2017)
Audi A6 C7 - 2.0T (2012-2015)
Audi Q3 - 2.0T (2015-2017)
Audi Q5 - 2.0T (2011-2017)
Audi TT MK2 - 2.0T (2009-2015)
Audi Allroad - B8/B8.5 - 2.0T (2013-2016)
Volkswagen Beetle - 2.0 (2012-2013)
Volkswagen CC - 2.0T (2009-2017)
Volkswagen EOS - 2.0T (2009-2016)
Volkswagen GTI MK5/MK6 - 2.0T (2008-2014)
Volkswagen Golf MK6 - 2.0T (2013)
Volkswagen Jetta MK5/MK6 - 2.0T (2008-2013)
Volkswagen Passat B6 - 2.0T (2008-2010)
Volkswagen Tiguan - 2.0T (2009-2017)