GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer Tires or All-Season?

Living in FL what should I buy, Summer Tires or All-Season Tires?

• Summer Tires for sure!

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • All-Season Tires are better!

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Actually I don't drive aggressive at all! I drive to work, which is only 4 mins away, and then around town. Just normal everyday driving! I was just as surprised that they wore down that quickly!

If you don't drive aggressively and are just using the car to go back and forth to work or putt around town hauling groceries then you have zero need for summer tires. Just buy some decent a/s and save some money and enjoy the longer life.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I live in SoCal and had the same debate. I ended up with all-seasons just a few days ago. Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Dry/Wet/Snow). I definitely could have gotten summer tires, but I'm in it for comfort and quietness and I want my tires to last as long as possible.

the new DWS06 you got? i'm debating on either Michelin pilot as3 or DWS06, I had the as3 on my mk6, now I'm debating either on mk7 since stock tires are garbage.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
the new DWS06 you got? i'm debating on either Michelin pilot as3 or DWS06, I had the as3 on my mk6, now I'm debating either on mk7 since stock tires are garbage.

No unfortunately not. They didn't have the DWS06 in the size I wanted (215/40/18) so I went with what are now the outdated model DWS.

AM407

Autocross Champion
If you don't drive aggressively and are just using the car to go back and forth to work or putt around town hauling groceries then you have zero need for a GTI. Just buy a Golf and save some money and enjoy the longer life.

Fixed that for you! ;)

zrickety

The Fixer
My DWS were quiet until I got to the wear bars. Get the new DWS06, you should get at least 2 years out of them.