GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Super Sports Advice

azrael92

Hey guys I just recently acquired my mk6 and I'm somewhat strapped for cash in that I have it but I can only allocate so much to my car at one time. So here's the deal: My end setup is going to include a suspension of H/R super sport springs and koni's and then I want to put up 19" wheels instead of the stock 17"s. So the main thing is that I wanted to do this months apart from each other. starting with the super sports then after a few months put on the koni yellows and lastly switch over to 19"s. I was just wondering if anyone had done this before and if there are any issues I might come across along the way because mainly i want a 1.5" drop all around but I'm not sure how low adding koni's puts me because I hear that they are shorter than the oem struts. And so i want to avoid and possible rubbing once i put the 19"s on. So any and all advice is welcome!

speedster

Go Kart Champion
My advice is to steer clear of H&R springs. They've got a defective batch being sold at the moment (they collapse on themselves) and you have no way of knowing if the set you buy is part of this bad batch. Their support has been spotty on this, replacing some and not others under warranty. Either way you're out of pocket for labor to take the defective ones out and put the replacements back in.

Check out driver gear springs. They're linear too. H&R are progressive which makes them a poor choice for better handling.

My advice is to steer clear of H&R springs. They've got a defective batch being sold at the moment (they collapse on themselves) and you have no way of knowing if the set you buy is part of this bad batch. Their support has been spotty on this, replacing some and not others under warranty. Either way you're out of pocket for labor to take the defective ones out and put the replacements back in.

Check out driver gear springs. They're linear too. H&R are progressive which makes them a poor choice for better handling.

dg's give barely a drop. I suggest vwr springs.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
I suggest just saving a little longer and getting coils.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
I have sportlines with koni yellows and love it. Could easily clear 19s with probably just the fender screw mod. Drop it a little more then the super sports but not by much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2