GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI POWER LOSS WITH NO CEL OR CODES

BavarianMK6

I have a 2012 GTI I purchased it about 4 weeks ago and when I bought it I was beyond amazed. I drove it everywhere just had a blast on the autobahn.

I would refill it up for the first two weeks (Shell 95) when it was at 3/4 of a tank if not sooner. I then on the third week of owning it decided to let it get down to empty and see just how much it costed to fill this beast up. I waited till the gas light came on then filled it up with again Shell 95... This is around the time I started to notice something had changed.

I took it to the local VW dealer and had them drive it and hook it up to a computer and they found nothing...

I went yesterday and filled it up from about 1/4 of a tank with Shell 100 "Racing" to see if maybe when I had purchased the car it was running a higher octane gas or what could be up...

I also had the thought in mind that it could be a boost leak but then again I would assume that would throw some sort of code when checking the ecu but not necessarily a CEL...

HELP?! :word:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Has it been hot there lately?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Not really extremely hot no..
In the morning it's pretty chilly and it still does the same thing...

Just doesnt have the balls it once had :iono:

Well dang... That's really weird. Only thing I could think of that wouldn't throw a CEL is a boost leak, but as you said the techs would've picked that up.

BavarianMK6

I am going to hook my car up to a compressor with the boost leak kit to see if I can find anything.

Second thing is this..
MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE I got use to the car and don't feel it but thats 99% impossible.

I may get it dynoed and see what comes of that to.

DonPidgeon

So it's more of a feeling than an actual, measurable, problem?

See how fast you can get it to 100 km/h from 0. If it differs extremely from the official time, you might have a problem. Running it on a dyno seems overkill.

Hope you figure it out, crappy problem to have.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I would also start with testing for a boost leak.

bdegen94

Ready to race!
Is it tuned?