GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Head unit for my 2009 2.0 TDI

Altecice

Hey guys,

I have been looking into replacing the standard headunit that comes with my 2009 2.0 TDI MK6. I have been reading the forums and noticed this one im particular; Enon GA5153F. But I am open to suggestions...

I know this fits into a 2010 GTI as shown in the installation video am I correct in thinking it will fit into a TDI as well (same dash).

Bonus question! - Does anybody know if the OEM built in AUX port will still function correctly?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
There are a few threads about that headunit in this section. I'm sure there are plenty of posts with member's feedback. I had the previous model. You DON'T want to hear my review on it.

Altecice

There are a few threads about that headunit in this section. I'm sure there are plenty of posts with member's feedback. I had the previous model. You DON'T want to hear my review on it.

I saw your thoughts (no DVD playback etc)... it really seems like its a hit or miss when you get them. Have you since changed headunit and if so to what?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I saw your thoughts (no DVD playback etc)... it really seems like its a hit or miss when you get them. Have you since changed headunit and if so to what?

Yeah, that was the deal breaker for me. They didn't offer any solutions to that problem. I'm not going to waste my time to download DVDs onto a micro SD card. That literally defeats the purpose of having a DVD player if it doesn't work like advertised. After I got rid of that headunit, I re-installed the RCD-510. A few weeks ago, I decided to get a DS-811 directly from AudioSources. Even though I had an issues with the disc mechanism, they (A/S) was kind enough to send me another mechanism, free of charge (since it was covered under warranty). After the fix, it plays DVDs and CDs without any issues. Between the two companies, A/S is much better than EN--N. They will look into your issues and get it resolved while the "other" company give you a bandaid solution.

Altecice

Yeah, that was the deal breaker for me. They didn't offer any solutions to that problem. I'm not going to waste my time to download DVDs onto a micro SD card. That literally defeats the purpose of having a DVD player if it doesn't work like advertised. After I got rid of that headunit, I re-installed the RCD-510. A few weeks ago, I decided to get a DS-811 directly from AudioSources. Even though I had an issues with the disc mechanism, they (A/S) was kind enough to send me another mechanism, free of charge (since it was covered under warranty). After the fix, it plays DVDs and CDs without any issues. Between the two companies, A/S is much better than EN--N. They will look into your issues and get it resolved while the "other" company give you a bandaid solution.

How much did the 811 cost you?
The only issue with that is it doesnt have satnav? This is really what im looking for in a replacement

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
$372 --- $300 (price of headunit including SYGIC GPS map) + $72 shipping (DHL).

There you go....everything you need, lol. When you visit their website, the live chat box will show up on the right side. Just click on either sales 1 or sales 2. Ask for RAYLENE. She was the one who helped with the order. The shipping to the UK may be lesser than what I paid.

www.audiosources.net