GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Air Intake for 2.5L

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
hey,
I'm looking for a cold air intake for my 2010 2.5l golf. I know Neuspeed makes a short ram intake. I also noticed that on APRs site it says that the MKV 2.5l intake will fit. But yet all over forums APR says it won't work... so... does anyone know of a cold air intake that i can buy to fit my car?

lewylou78

Ready to race!
Only one that is proven to fit is the Neuspeed P-Flo (you can get one for $215 with free shipping at www.mjmautohaus.com). The Neuspeed intake is not bad, read below:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/epcp_1007_2010_volkwagen_jetta_proven/neuspeed_p_flo_intake.html

Intakes (like Carbonio, BSH, etc.) made for MKVs don't fit the MK6 because of the different headlights on the MK6. I'm sure those companies are working things out and should have an intake for the MK6 out soon.

I would go with the Neuspeed one now if you don't want to wait for the others.

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah the Carbonio looks wicked and i really want it haha. I'll probably just wait for it. Thanks for the info though!

mhylkema

I'm in a similar situation, wanting to make some mods to my MK6 golf...but...

1) Do these types of mods make much of a difference on non-turbo's? I notice like 99% of the posts regarding cold air intake are from people with GTI's.
2) Does it make sense to do this w/o the ECU upgrade? From what I've read gains are minimal w/o it.
3) If the ECU is required for real gains, wouldn't it make sense to wait anyhow since there isn't an ECU upgrade for the MK6 Golf yet?

Thanks!

OttoBahn1

Ready to race!
I have the Neuspeed P-flo on my car and it does make throttle response a bit more snappier and really makes a nice growl when I'm heavy on the gas. I also eliminated some weight on the end of the crankshaft by installing a Neuspeed Power Pulley. It really becomes quite noticeable at about 2800 rpm in second gear (i use the tiptronic often) with a heavy foot on the gas. The car pulls harder all the way up to redline. The P-flo and the Power Pulley are a great combo. AWE Tuning exhaust is next.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Have you seen the new one we have coming soon?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12684

Update!

It's making excellent power.

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah im pretty syked for it. I'll defiantly be getting one when i can

okco

Interested as well as a first upgrade. When will the Carbino be out? The Golf has a pretty decent looking airbox, is the problem with warm air being sucked in with outside air because of the pass through on the back of the stock box?