GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

* Euro Sport Accessories Stress Bars (front, lower, & rear) - VW® MK6 GOLF GTI 2.0T *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubert@EuroSport

I'll put you guys on my list of mods to consider. Power mods this year, and suspension mods next year. Thanks

Some guy was selling the rear xbrace for an unbelievably good price (under $100 - thanks guy!) and when I stopped by Eurosport's shop to pickup the mounting hardware, I went ahead and picked up the upper strut tower stress bar. I happen to install the upper strut bar first and noticed such a big improvement in handling feel, then when the rears went in a few days later, it was better but almost anticlimatic. So I was just about to get the front lower bars when I was stopped by the thought of losing ground clearance - my subframe has multiple sections missing 1/4" to 1"+ chunks - thanks LA roads - so I went and got an aluminum skid plate. It is a sizable piece that covers the entire front end bottom and attaches by good number of screws. An unexpected benefit was when the skid plate went on I immediately had deja vu from when I first put the Eurosport stress bars on. The handling feel and chassis rigidity had improved! So of course it makes sense. You take out a plastic piece that spans the entire front of the car for a larger metal piece, that mounts up by numerous fastening points, it will act as a stress bar! I definately recommend that you get all 3 or if you're lowered, 2 upper and combine it with a skid plate, especially if you're dropped and skid often... Looks are subjective but I prefer the no nonsense black tubing (bare metal even better) over the crinkle coated aluminum on the other guy's bars, and both probably clean up the handling feel. Such a good mod and reasonably priced!

We're glad your happy...looks good, and sure it handles solid! :thumbsup:

I want those three bad....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
If you want to save a bit, go ahead and sign up on the Euro Sport Accessories Facebook page...you will get notified when we have any upcoming sales-

Hubert@EuroSport

European Car Mag/Online features Euro Sport Acc Stress Bars!

Euro Sport Accessories Stress Bars...
little writeup in the latest "Buyers Guide" European Car Mag/Online-
Check it - Aug 2016 issue, page 58 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hubert@EuroSport

H&R MK7 Coilover install - Euro Sport Accessories

Not a MK6...but we do all coil-over installs here at the shop..

H&R Coil-over install on customer Josh's MK7 GTI!

front coils being assembled

front H&R coilover installed on MK7 GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.