GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler Delete Questions

MJ_Media

Passed Driver's Ed
Im pretty certain im going with the "Golf 2010-2012 Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type" from carid.com, but the exhaust says its for the "2010-2012 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2.0L 4cyl FWD Auto/Manual 2/4-Door part# 140369". Does anybody know if it is compatible with the 2.5L 5 Cylinder gasoline version? I figure it would be but i want to make sure before i order the wrong part. Haha, thanks in advance. :iono:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
OK cool..The muffler shop I use said that the back pressure is still there when keeping the stock muffler and resonator even though I removed the suitcase and the car performs like it as well...
Jontalk, can you describe in more detail what you meant by "the car performs like it as well" ?

I'm doing a write up on my Axleback GTI Exhaust install which is quiet by comparison, I'd like to include your findings as well for the suitcase delete.

My axle back GTI Exhaust install is yielding a solid 10% in fuel economy, is the suitcase delete doing the same?

MJ_Media

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up going with the eurojet exhaust. I absolutely love it. Perfect tone for what I was going for. It is loud, but quiet when not on the gas which I like. for anybody thinking of muffler deletes, I can garuntee with both mufflers deleted it will be too loud. I drove it down the road with no mufflers/resonator and obviously it was fun, but you would get pulled over instantly. https://youtu.be/PQbC1nMwF24, here's the install video my friend and I did for it, and I can assure you it is 5x louder in person. the "straight pipe" beyond the cats was so loud that we could barely hear each other, halfway through the video we drive it without the exhaust, then at the end we drive It with the exhaust and it completely changes the tone. Defiantly recommend it to anybody going for a louder exhaust. Install was also very easy. only issue was we needed to cut the two clamps holding the resonator to the cat because they were completely rusted. but it came with new clamps anyways so overal and excellent product!