GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen to OEM Xenon LED help

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I have a TDI with halogen and looking to upgrade to the oem xenon headlights. I managed to get a pair of oem xenon headlights, with the LED DRLs(wasn’t my preference) from a wrecked car. I have the bulb, ballast, headlights and the highline CECM. Is this all I need to get started?

Would I still need kufatec harness, if I have the highligh cecm? I heard it was a bit of a challenge to get the xenon with drls to work vs the regular xenons.

Any help and suggestions, appreciated.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited:

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46536

google is your friend mate... if you do it.. throw up your vid or pics. good luck to you!

Thanks!

I was searching and all the info and electrical wiring got me a little confused. I’m not going to be using auto level function, and can I do away with the afs? I didnt get the afs module from the wrecked GTI.

I will likely order 10 to 14 pin harness, to make my life easier. Would the pins on the harness be different for the xenon LED DRLs vs the xenon ones?

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I found out my CECM has the same part# as the one pulled from GTI - 1K0 937 086P). I think I maybe able to just hook up the lights(with the Kufatec/ECS harness) and code them to get the LED DRLs and xenons working?

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Not sure about the led drls, but the kufatec adapter will power the xenon headlamp. I did the conversion a few years ago, but without drls.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure about the led drls, but the kufatec adapter will power the xenon headlamp. I did the conversion a few years ago, but without drls.

Thanks and I believe the 2 additional wires the harness comes with, are for the DRLs and needs to be hooked up to the CECM. I may try and fool around with my existing CECM before swapping out to the one from the GTI.