GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior Rattling with exhaust and torque arm insert...?

Beans114

Ready to race!
I installed my full SPM Turboback exhaust today along with a BSH Torque Arm insert. The entire interior of my car vibrates a very good amount now. The exhaust is VERY loud with drone.. but is are the interior vibrations normal? possibly due to the insert? let me know whatever you guys think. I dont care if they are normal but I'm just concerned.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, you will feel vibrations with a torque mount insert.

Beans114

Ready to race!
The vibrations are pretty sever though. My center arm rest vibrates along with the seats. Sometimes the passenger door rattles for a second. This is all normal? Again, if this is then I'll deal with it with no complaints - just want to be sure.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yup...normal....part of it from the exhaust & the rest of it from the mount insert

The flex section on your aftermarket downpipe is now stiffer than the OEM was....so now you're feeling those vibrations thru the body
Plus due to the louder/bigger exhaust....that's resonating thru the body as well.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
If you were to add the Unibrace line or similar braces it would remove some of that.

Stiffer car = more vibrations.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I feel/hear more vibrations after my SPM downpipe. Not as severe as you mentioned, but I definitely notice/hear vibrations from the door panels.

Beans114

Ready to race!
Drive SPM - 200 cell cat, non-resonated, no center muffler, and just the exit mufflers . The system is truly amazing . You wouldn't think the sound is coming from a 4 cylinder with how deep it is. Only problem I had was that my system was missing an O2 sensor and also the part to hold the rear of my exhaust in place. The tips/rear mufflers were free to slide until we fabricated a part to hold it . With all this being said, I don't think I would be as satisfied with any other system

Beans114

Ready to race!
trd420 I meant of the exhaust . Very few people have the SPM so far and it NEEDS to be considered as a top quality option when buying for our cars

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Drive SPM - 200 cell cat, non-resonated, no center muffler, and just the exit mufflers . The system is truly amazing . You wouldn't think the sound is coming from a 4 cylinder with how deep it is. Only problem I had was that my system was missing an O2 sensor and also the part to hold the rear of my exhaust in place. The tips/rear mufflers were free to slide until we fabricated a part to hold it . With all this being said, I don't think I would be as satisfied with any other system

Beans - Thank you for your purchase and your compliments! As others have noted ; installing the T.A.I really increases the resonance inside the cabin, even when using an OEM exhaust.

There is plenty of adjustability with our system

I would like to note: The down pipe and midsection have provisions for 3 X 02 Sensors, they don't include 02 sensors, so nothing was missing there.

Thank you,

Jared E

McQueen77

Banned
this is what made me remove the neuspeed insert.. really bad vibrations when letting out the clutch from a stop, easing up a hill or driveway, etc.. my window buttons rattled, handles, everything. screw that. killed the refinement of the car. check out the autotech insert reinstalled thread which talks about steve from Modshack's modified energy suspension mount. ive been rocking one for 5k miles and its terrific. virtually no NVH but with some of the slop tightened up in the drivetrain..