GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 03-02-2015, 01:55 AM   #29
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '11 BMP 2Dr DSG GTI
So I updated the first two posts to clean my thread up a bit. It still seems like a mess to me. But this is a work in progress anyway.

Kinda Update
I have developed some sort of rattle from the rear end over bumps. I think either something has worked loose in my suspension over time. Or the rubber gasket between the rear spring and the locking collar has finally worn out and its now metal on metal contact. If the weather permits I will be tearing the rear end of my car apart in the next few days. If its neither then I have no idea and suggestions are welcome. If it is the rubber worn out. Any suggestions on what to remedy the situation with?

Also I purchased a buffer so Vandorin and I can detail the cars more effectively. No car upgrades sorry the funds are being saved for the SoWo trip.

Last edited by barnes93cb; 03-02-2015 at 02:52 AM.
barnes93cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #30
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Well today I replaced my spark plugs with some ngk iridiums.

And then Vandorin91 recovered my side mount sub box. Once the glue dries and the fumes fade I will install it.

Sent from my damn iPhone.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #31
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Did an oil change yesterday and installed my Fumoto oil drain valve. Its a quality piece that should make oil changes quicker and remove the chance of me stripping my oil pan.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #32
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Me and the car went on a trip down to Florida this past weekend. Took a small pitstop at APR this past weekend. Sadly they were low manned and I couldnt catch a tour. Maybe when I come back from my deployment I'll get a tour. Here is what I saw.

Obligatory building photo:

Showroom photo:

Racecar:

The K04 and OPS display:
Old 11-22-2015, 04:31 AM   #33
Irishbri
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '12 GTI UGM 6MT 4dr
Nice build mang....
*APR Stg 1+ * InJen Stg 1 CAI * South Bend Stage 3 Drop In * F Series TOB w/NLS Shims * BMS Clutch Stop * HPA 40% Short Shifter * Raceseng Slammer Engraved Shift Knob * HPA 75A Subframe Puck * Res Delete * 35% Tint Windows-20% Hatch* Black-Red Front Emblem * Blacked Out Rear Emblem & Badge * Yellow Lamin-X Fogs * Smoked Sidemarkers * Monster Mats * 3M Red Footwell effect * BT Dongle for TorquePro *
Irishbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #34
St3ph3nsvw12GTI
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 blk GTI DSG
Nice build so far, like the choice in rims BTW!
St3ph3nsvw12GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #35
VanDorin91
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 Candy White DSG GTI
Oh man. This thread still alive??

Haha get your feet out of the sand and come do racecar things!
Old 11-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #36
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2 door 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDorin91 View Post

Forreal though, I saw mutterings of K04 on the GTI subreddit a while back, what's the scoop on that? You gonna be killing me on the straights come next race season?

BTW, NASA Southeast is running CMP Feb 13-14. It'll probably be cold as ballz, but maybe it'll be a freak 70* day like last year. Either way, you should be there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2015, 02:21 AM   #37
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishbri View Post
Nice build mang....
Thanks Irish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3ph3nsvw12GTI View Post
Nice build so far, like the choice in rims BTW!
Thanks man. I really like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDorin91 View Post

You know I would if I could. And don't you need to update your pic to a truck. You brodozer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsugray90 View Post
Forreal though, I saw mutterings of K04 on the GTI subreddit a while back, what's the scoop on that? You gonna be killing me on the straights come next race season?

BTW, NASA Southeast is running CMP Feb 13-14. It'll probably be cold as ballz, but maybe it'll be a freak 70* day like last year. Either way, you should be there

Ive seriously considered the K04. But I don't think I can justify the cost at the moment. It would lead my down a rabbit hole of other mods I would need.

I wish I could attend that event. But I would just be getting back into the states at that time. I would have a week or so in the US. And I wouldn't be settled in enough to go racing.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #38
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes93cb View Post
I wish I could attend that event. But I would just be getting back into the states at that time. I would have a week or so in the US. And I wouldn't be settled in enough to go racing.

I hear ya. Once NASA releases their schedule for both Southeast and Mid Atlantic, I'll have a better idea of what my race season will look like and I'll let you know when I'm planning on racing should you be able to join me. Tentatively looks like CMP in Feb, VIR in May, and Road Atlanta in octoberish. I may do a fourth event at NCCAR in Sept since it'll be as cheap as CMP, but a bit more local. We shall see.

Either way, we need to get you racing this year!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:05 AM   #39
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
I hear ya. Once NASA releases their schedule for both Southeast and Mid Atlantic, I'll have a better idea of what my race season will look like and I'll let you know when I'm planning on racing should you be able to join me. Tentatively looks like CMP in Feb, VIR in May, and Road Atlanta in octoberish. I may do a fourth event at NCCAR in Sept since it'll be as cheap as CMP, but a bit more local. We shall see.

Either way, we need to get you racing this year!

I bolded the important parts.
I am really trying to. I would love to attend VIR and Road Atlanta. But I doubt I could make both. Id also like the opportunity to meet my GTI twin who races.

I still need to get a helmet and raise my car back to a proper height. I want to go so bad. I hopped on some gokarts out here and had a hoot. But otherwise I dont really get to drive anymore. I miss my gti.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #40
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
I bolded the important parts.
I am really trying to. I would love to attend VIR and Road Atlanta. But I doubt I could make both. Id also like the opportunity to meet my GTI twin who races.

I still need to get a helmet and raise my car back to a proper height. I want to go so bad. I hopped on some gokarts out here and had a hoot. But otherwise I dont really get to drive anymore. I miss my gti.
Be prepared to be scared shit less at either track if you've never raced before. I haven't been to RA yet, but when I went to VIR in July (terrible idea, hot as fuuuuck) the speed terrified me for the first two session (not used to driving my little eco hatch at nearly 130mph) and I think RA has an even longer straight than VIR. Once you get used to it, it's a crap ton of fun though.

We definitley do need to meet at some point, racetrack or not, you and Vandorin are way too close to not chill sometime, haha.

I guarantee if you go to VIR you will make RA in October work out somehow. This stuff is too addicting to only do once a year, I'm upset I didn't go at least 3 times this year

Old 12-12-2015, 01:17 AM   #41
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Be prepared to be scared shit less at either track if you've never raced before. I haven't been to RA yet, but when I went to VIR in July (terrible idea, hot as fuuuuck) the speed terrified me for the first two session (not used to driving my little eco hatch at nearly 130mph) and I think RA has an even longer straight than VIR. Once you get used to it, it's a crap ton of fun though.

We definitley do need to meet at some point, racetrack or not, you and Vandorin are way too close to not chill sometime, haha.

I guarantee if you go to VIR you will make RA in October work out somehow. This stuff is too addicting to only do once a year, I'm upset I didn't go at least 3 times this year

Im not sure how scared I would be of the straights. Ive driven quite a lot at high speeds. Its more of getting comfortable with my braking and the turns. I need to work on judging my speeds for the corners.

Im going to see if I cant make it to an event. I just need to put some money aside and get my car prepped.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #42
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Im not sure how scared I would be of the straights. Ive driven quite a lot at high speeds. Its more of getting comfortable with my braking and the turns. I need to work on judging my speeds for the corners.

Im going to see if I cant make it to an event. I just need to put some money aside and get my car prepped.
Yeah, it's not the speed so much that's scary as it is approaching a corner at those speeds and trying to brake as late as possible without waiting too long, haha. Really only lasts a lap or two, then you're too preoccupied with hunting down that guy who you just had to give a point by to

Tags
vandorin was here