GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

mrlonger

Has anybody successfully added sequential (otherwise known as dynamic) turns signals to the rear of a Mk6 Golf?
A Korean website shows such installations. Search on youtube for"dbtune ansan" and find the video clip with "mk6" in its title.

spiker369

on air, don't care

To achieve this I'm 99% sure they had to custom fabricate an LED board to fit inside the housings since the turn signal in these are a type of wedge bulb. Other than that they might be a korean knock off of the LED tail lights that include sequential signals. I know there are some newer replicas for the mk7 that are including sequential signals so I would imagine the same could be in production for the mk6. :thumbsup:

Phur

Autocross Champion
That's badass! I would definitely be interested in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
They are bright as heck too, unlike the wedge bulb we have. Also, brake lights are both inner and outer. Me likey.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
Hmmm. So did a little googling and found this website: http://www.dombang.com/

This looks to be their major site. But I can't speak korean and google doesn't do a good translation so but was wondering if anyone knew and get some insight.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
it cost 250 usd + shipping once they receive them (outer led tails) they can install the dynamic turn signals in the same day an ship them back out.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just had a thought that would be even more badass in my opinion. If the clear parts of the inner tail lights (the backup light section) could be incorporated into the dynamic turn signals but be switchback to still work as backup lights...[emoji848]

Does that make sense?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I was just thinking about you earlier, cosmo. I thought we could use your experience/expertise at the table.

I brought those up when I was searching. If they only light up white for use as drls in the front, would that work as far as lighting up white for the backup lights?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I was just thinking about you earlier, cosmo. I thought we could use your experience/expertise at the table.

I brought those up when I was searching. If they only light up white for use as drls in the front, would that work as far as lighting up white for the backup lights?

they use a "switchback" box so you can have the turn signal power connected for sequential turn signals and you can run the white drl power to the reverse light np! it would be BRIGHT AS HELL too

Phur

Autocross Champion
Hells yeah! Are you going to be doing this to your smoked cherries? I look forward to seeing the end result.

mrlonger

I’ve now successfully installed sequential LED turn signals on my Mk6. I used an “exLED DIY PCB Series - DB18 1533L2 Bar Sequential Vertical” from a Korean outfit called “exLED” [website http://www.exledshop.com/universal-...db18-1533l2-bar-sequential-vertical-copy.html].

The LED bar cost $53 (plus import duties and taxes of course). Briefly, I cut the bar in two, one half for each side’s turn signal. An access hole was cut in each OEM LED rear light unit and the LED sequential bar slid into place, and connected up to the existing turn signal wiring. Please be aware that to work on the LED bar does require some delicate soldering expertise.

The original turn signal light bulbs were retained in service to stop any ‘bulb out’ warning and the subsequent low voltage rear turn signal. Each bulb is 21watts and each LED half-bar is another 6watts: no adverse effects found. Note that the bulb’s light output is effectively blocked by the sequential LED bar, and an internal lens (in the OEM light unit) protects the LED bar from any damage by the bulb’s heat output.

My result is so like the other Korean outfit’s video (see the first posts) that I have to believe that what I’ve achieved is almost precisely what they did!

spegheddy

I’ve now successfully installed sequential LED turn signals on my Mk6. I used an “exLED DIY PCB Series - DB18 1533L2 Bar Sequential Vertical” from a Korean outfit called “exLED” [website http://www.exledshop.com/universal-...db18-1533l2-bar-sequential-vertical-copy.html].

The LED bar cost $53 (plus import duties and taxes of course). Briefly, I cut the bar in two, one half for each side’s turn signal. An access hole was cut in each OEM LED rear light unit and the LED sequential bar slid into place, and connected up to the existing turn signal wiring. Please be aware that to work on the LED bar does require some delicate soldering expertise.

The original turn signal light bulbs were retained in service to stop any ‘bulb out’ warning and the subsequent low voltage rear turn signal. Each bulb is 21watts and each LED half-bar is another 6watts: no adverse effects found. Note that the bulb’s light output is effectively blocked by the sequential LED bar, and an internal lens (in the OEM light unit) protects the LED bar from any damage by the bulb’s heat output.

My result is so like the other Korean outfit’s video (see the first posts) that I have to believe that what I’ve achieved is almost precisely what they did!

Can you elaborate how you slid the led strip into the tail light housing without baking the tail lights open? Is it attached or secured to anything or just simply resting. Also would you have pictures of the product you ordered? How did you cut the strip in half and was still able to use it?

Lastly could you comment on the overall brightness of the strip in respect to the oem incandescent or an led amber bulb...

Sorry for bombarding you with questions and thanks in advance lol