GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wetMoney's Build

clownish

just clowning around
LEDs man!!!! I'm going with the LEDs on mine when the time comes.

Did you get your golf R tails from the classifieds as well? The depo price is so cheap compared to OEM but If I can find a nice set of used OEM Golf R's then......

I know HS Tuning had a set of used OEM LED R20s off a customer's car two days ago. You should call them and negotiate if they haven't already been sold. I was thinking about buying them but my Vacar reps have had zero issues or problems since install six months ago so I couldn't justify the cost to myself.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Is my money wet or dry ?

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Great Build, I'm Very Jealous of your Mod list.

What's Next?
We demand More Pics! :)

Haha thanks man.

Hmmm up next..well OEM Bi-xenons. Votex front lip. Summer wheels and clutch.

Pics are sporadic ;)

wireless

Ready to race!
how much did ya pay for the oem bixenons? I'm considering retrofitting some of ed's reps but they're too pricey for the quality you get from him lol (aka crap)

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
how much did ya pay for the oem bixenons? I'm considering retrofitting some of ed's reps but they're too pricey for the quality you get from him lol (aka crap)

haha you dont want to know..Def more $$$ than the Eds.
Eds are the "cheaper" solution. i have had friends that bought Eds headlights. they are good. but for me, i wanted OEM. in the long run. it will cost me another $650 to have the system working like OEM.
so its up to you.

wireless

Ready to race!
I actually do want to know :) I want to get a set of OEM's and do a clear lens swap on the OEM projector lol.

Problem is, people on here think that a set of bixenon housings (no bulbs/ballasts/back caps/afs modules with broken tabs) are worth upwards of $500.

I'd buy a FULL set (including bulbs/ballasts) for MAYBE $800 even if they had a broken tab.

I saw an interesting thread on retrofitting AFS too. Guy gave EVERY SINGLE part number needed, steps to do it, etc... good stuff.

I messed up my retrofit too, but eh. I'll just re-do it again later this year. First one was an experiment anyways lol

they looked nice though :)

20140126_002605 by wirelessgti, on Flickr

20140126-DSC_0057 by wirelessgti, on Flickr

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
That's not a bad job man. Lights look good.
Yeah I got mine for a great price. But... Had to get ballasts which I sourced for 217.00 shipped brand new.
I scored my lights for under 600.00
I will do afs in the future.

wireless

Ready to race!
I messed them up after I put them on the car hahaha, I took them off to re-aim a projector.. and yeah. messed it up lol.

where'd you get the ballasts?

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Front Lip ordered Monday night from Deutsche Auto Parts. Should be here tomorrow. Shout out to Paul. He's the man!!
Then Friday, I'm getting my Clutch installed at KMDTuning.

stoked!