GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I already had a red griots applicator that I mistakingly ordered to apply by hand. I just used $50 in ECS rewards to get a cg polishing pad, citrus wash, new cg clay, v38 Polish, and gloss works glaze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Yup, I did a full claybar + polish + wax by hand around 2 months ago by hand and the shine was going away so I just a quick wax.

I use all Meguiars products including their yellow car wash soap and then Chemical Guys applicator and micro fibre.

I am debating on whether it's worth it to buy a random orbital polisher to touch up the paint for real. The previous owner used car washes so swirls are visible if you look closely.

Cool. I detail semi-professionally (www.highdefdetailing.com) and I still really like the meguiars ultimate liquid wax for a basic wax. Easy on and off and has a good shine and durability. I use it on my basic wash and wax package.

A DA is definitely worth it. I use a griots garage 6" as my main polisher and then a harbor freight converted to 3" backing plate for smaller areas. If you use a mild polish you'll see some good results on getting the swirls out. Do some research, and go for it! [emoji1303]

Phur

Autocross Champion
It was Thursday, not today but I've been too busy to post.

I took my car on gravel for the first time. It was already dirty from the deluge the previous night and I have a gravel driveway.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
-

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
Unplugged my Soundaktor last night, but haven't been for a drive (it's raining) to hear the difference yet. I also got round to installing my interior LEDs this morning that I ordered from superbrightLEDs. Easily my favorite cheap mod so far. I replaced the front and rear domes, trunk, and glovebox with bright white, and the front footwells with red. I forgot to order 2 bulbs for the vanity, so this will be done shortly!

I did have 2 spare 194 LEDs so put them in my license plate, they throw a code but I can live with it knowing it cost $2 vs $45 for an ECS set.

Overall, the LEDs give a much brighter and whiter look than the OEM. Definitely will be helpful at night.

Here are some before and after pics of the interior. Will get one up of the license plate when it's dark.

Footwell before

Footwell after

Front Dome before

Front Dome after

Rear Dome before - middle light not on by mistake

Rear Dome after

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Alignment done with some much needed rear camber [emoji16][emoji1360] so far no rubs. Also with the install of my FSB it got rid of a clunk sound that seemed like it was coming from the strut. I guess it was my subframe [emoji28]

untotenmk6

Ready to race!
Washed her good, plasti dipped the front +clear coat over it. Doesn't look bad at all imo.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Unplugged my Soundaktor last night, but haven't been for a drive (it's raining) to hear the difference yet. I also got round to installing my interior LEDs this morning that I ordered from superbrightLEDs. Easily my favorite cheap mod so far. I replaced the front and rear domes, trunk, and glovebox with bright white, and the front footwells with red. I forgot to order 2 bulbs for the vanity, so this will be done shortly!

I did have 2 spare 194 LEDs so put them in my license plate, they throw a code but I can live with it knowing it cost $2 vs $45 for an ECS set.

Overall, the LEDs give a much brighter and whiter look than the OEM. Definitely will be helpful at night.

Here are some before and after pics of the interior. Will get one up of the license plate when it's dark.

Footwell before

Footwell after

Front Dome before

Front Dome after

Rear Dome before - middle light not on by mistake

Rear Dome after
I got same setup sans license plate bulbs from deautokey. Looks awesome. I just ordered 2 more red footwells to put under my front seats for red footwells for the backseat I'm also 4 door. If ur handy with electronics you can add a resistor to the license plate lights to get rid of the code. Wouldn't cost more than a few bucks in parts.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mystikalous

Ready to race!
Just got a package in the mail. Eds reps option 4 got delivered :) can anybody help me install them? Or point me in the right direction? Want to make sure I do it right and not wing it. Never installed HIDS before. Usually just plug and play for me. Thanks in advance

bryngutierrez46

Ready to race!
Just got a package in the mail. Eds reps option 4 got delivered :) can anybody help me install them? Or point me in the right direction? Want to make sure I do it right and not wing it. Never installed HIDS before. Usually just plug and play for me. Thanks in advance

Lucky I'm waiting for mine lol

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
Happened yesterday, cops behind me while I was speeding :D

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
You got lucky. I've had that happen to me twice, I took it as a friendly reminder by the man in blue to slow down a bit.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I took the GTI emblem in the front grille off and put the German flag instead, looks cool.