GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Seems like it's either an exhaust leak or a failing o2 sensor. That's my best guess based on what I could find on google at least.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone tuned w/ stratified gone to a wideband (innovate)?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Why would you? The Mk6 uses bosch wideband sensors already.

I guess I should have reworded that.

I want to install a ECF-1/ECB-1 and wondering if anyone had any experiences with it when mixing ethanol.

avni

Ready to race!
i had APR Tuned without any CEL but after i switch to Stratified Crackle Tune im having
these CEL on Accessport. I email Stratified they told me to contack APR but when i contact APR, they cant help it and they want me to get APR Tune

im having

-P2271
-P013A
-P2096
-P2196

I have
APR Full Intake
APR DOWNPIPE With Rear O2 Sensor
APR INTERCOOLER
APR DSG TUNE
GF+ Diverter Valve

STRATIFIED WINNING

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Yesterday I wiped my Stage 2 APR tune and installed a Cobb Accessport, today, less than 24 hours after sending my info off I got my Stratified tune!

… and … Oh my goodness it’s everything I thought it would be and more. Would love to have been able to get before and after dynos, but the butt dyno says this tune has as much, maybe more HP and Torque as the APR tune did, but drivability is better in every way. It solved more problems than I thought it would, many clunky starts and shifts that I associated with an aging DSG transmission are now all completely gone! Throttle response is much better, and pedal feels a lot more usable, and easier to modulate. The part throttle surging of the APR tune is all gone, and pulling at any throttle level just feels smoother and healthier. The crackle tune though gimmicky is a lot of fun to play with, was on the way home today and came across a Mini that had a crackle tune, and we played on the highway probably annoying everyone around us for a few km’s, it was some of the most fun I have had in this car in months.

Seriously, if anyone is having issues with a current tune (APR :mad0259:), then do it, do it now, you will regret not having done it long ago! It was slightly over $1,000 Canadian, which is hard to swallow for a full time student, and I had to throw away my $900 APR tune, but I would do it again all day every day.

Heres a quick video for anyone who wants to hear it! One of the first I have heard of the crackle tune on a DSG car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxOQ4FnqkJI&t=3s

Only thing I am unhappy about is that the stickers I added to my order where incredibly hard to apply, I didn't get either of them to lay well, one on my laptop cover and one on my engine bay plastics. Not sure if its a low quality sticker, or just how thin and sharp their logo is. But that was a bit of a bummer.

Thank you so much Stratified for getting my tunes to me way earlier than expected and helping me end off my rough stressful week with this amazing surprise!

Nice! Every post like this pushes me further and further towards making the jump as well.

What exhaust do you have? Sounds a little over the top for just driving around town, but I have stock exhaust so it may be much more subdued. Does it only really happen at higher RPM?

mtpickett00

On average how long does it take to get your tune emailed to you? I sent my form in Sunday and haven’t heard anything. I see most people in here posting they got theirs in less than 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Went back to OTS Cobb tune, the CEL is staying off for now. My god the Stratified tune is a beast compared to the OTS Cobb. I can actually feel power bumps in the Cobb tune, especially around 3900 rpm. Stratified punch is more refined, flatter, and stronger, according to my butt-meter. Going to run it a few more days and see if the same error codes show up again before trying another pressure test.

ksandman

Ready to race!
On average how long does it take to get your tune emailed to you? I sent my form in Sunday and haven’t heard anything. I see most people in here posting they got theirs in less than 24 hours

I got my flash tune within 2-3 business days. Stratified told me about a week or so for a protune map.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Took 3 weeks to get my protune, but Alex was away for Cobb U so figure 2 weeks.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
i had APR Tuned without any CEL but after i switch to Stratified Crackle Tune im having
these CEL on Accessport. I email Stratified they told me to contack APR but when i contact APR, they cant help it and they want me to get APR Tune

im having

-P2271
-P013A
-P2096
-P2196

I have
APR Full Intake
APR DOWNPIPE With Rear O2 Sensor
APR INTERCOOLER
APR DSG TUNE
GF+ Diverter Valve

That doesn't make any sense. It sounds like either you have malfunctioning parts that the APR tune is hiding or your Stratified tune needed some adjustments. Did you send data logs to Alex?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my tune took about 4 business days to get. I got my access-port then about a day after i got it i got the email from them with the tune (i submitted the information for the tune before i got the AP)

I ordered Friday afternoon received my AP on Tuesday afternoon and got my Tune from them Wednesday afternoon. That was awhile ago though like only a couple months after they came out.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Every post like this pushes me further and further towards making the jump as well.

What exhaust do you have? Sounds a little over the top for just driving around town, but I have stock exhaust so it may be much more subdued. Does it only really happen at higher RPM?

Its got a catless downpipe, and stock catback with a muffler delete. So the only thing in exhaust is the OEM resonator. It's definitely a little on the loud side, though it surprisingly doesn't drone at all. I am considering trying something a bit quieter just for police sake, though I haven't gotten a ticket yet. Pops happen above 3k rpm and only for about 3 seconds, for the video I wanted it to sound crazy so I kept tapping the gas just a little to re-trigger it. I don't usually do that when driving.

mtpickett00

Is the complimentary MAF calibration necessary if I have a stock intake? Tune feels great but is it dangerous to keep running it without ever doing the data logging and sending it in?