GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any updates on the apr iphone app?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
:happyanim:+1 to this. This is probably the most sense I have ever read on the internet. And to the "iPad" post...then you introduce the Android tablets as well...

The ipad blows away the tablet market. They own 60% of the market as of today. Most businesses use ipads and schools. There is no comparison there.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I will never own a piece of iCrap.

They're good at starting fads, but they fall on their face in the end.

There's an ASUS Eee-pad Transformer that smokes the Ipad. But, that's neither here nor there. It's good to have all this competition.

Look at how long it took to go from Apple to Apple II, to Apple IIe, to Apple IIGS, etc. and all the 8086-driven versions of PCs to get where we are now, where the day you buy an electronic product, it's basically got a couple months shelf-life before near-complete obsolesence.

Nowadays, if you open up a MacPro or an ASUS or a Toshiba, etc. they use the same parts. All whittled out of silicon by 5 yr old chinese kids. ;)

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
:confused:

APR is going to do what they want to do, regardless of what you, or I want, and maybe regardless of solid marketing logic. Company's do boneheaded things all the time, I mean, look at the Pontiac Aztec. :lol:

And as a customer, I will do whatever I want once the facts are known.

Wow, i didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to share my opinion as to why it makes sense to go with Apple first. One of your fellow Android users said it best in a previous post, " I'm tired of everyone making the Apple apps first." There's a reason for that. And I am a strong believer that supporting people and companies that are the pioneers in creating new products and technologies verse the copy cat is the way to support future growth. To each their own, I was an Apple hater once too, but they've made my business and personal life a heck of a lot more easier....

now lets get back on topic. I want to see what kind of features this app has beyond switching maps.

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
Guess what, neither does Microsoft on the new Windows phones. Flash is now dated technology and not supporting it anymore. HTML5 is the new thing and we can thank Apple for making that step early.

That still doesn't change the fact that many web pages still heavily rely on Flash in their presentation of media. HTML5 is going to take several years to be implemented everywhere, and that's assuming something better doesn't come along in the meantime. Currently, I've been using the new Chrome for Android Browser (which doesn't support Flash) but I have the stock Android browser as a backup in the event I need it.

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
Wow, i didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to share my opinion as to why it makes sense to go with Apple first. One of your fellow Android users said it best in a previous post, " I'm tired of everyone making the Apple apps first." There's a reason for that. And I am a strong believer that supporting people and companies that are the pioneers in creating new products and technologies verse the copy cat is the way to support future growth. To each their own, I was an Apple hater once too, but they've made my business and personal life a heck of a lot more easier....

now lets get back on topic. I want to see what kind of features this app has beyond switching maps.

Are you meaning to suggest Android is a copycat of Apple? Apple's entire business model is based upon stealing ideas...

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Are you meaning to suggest Android is a copycat of Apple? Apple's entire business model is based upon stealing ideas...

I dont agree.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
What's funny is that Bill Gates ganked his idea/work for Mac's OS and used it for Windows.

So, yeah, all those mofos were thieving from one another.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
There is to much butt hurt on this thread
:laugh:

fender177

Ready to race!
:confused:

That statement makes no sense. Fine, Apple has built their company around sexy and cool. Motorola, HTC, and Samsung have built their companies around delivering high tech toys to tech savvy customers. So should we argue that APR wants to be "cool" and not "tech savvy"? And who cares? Who came first is irrelevant, except to a fanboy. I mean, by your logic all aftermarket car parts should be designed and built for the Ford model T.

[...]

And as a customer, I will do whatever I want once the facts are known.

Dude, you really hate apple lol

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
apple has done little copying. Actually people copy Apple a lot! Apple had the first tablet then here comes the Androids. Apple had the first touch interface phone that worked like that iphone (not talking about the early windows mobile phones as the interface wasn't like that). Then Android copied them. Music players, ipods, same thing. Computers, Macbook AIR, now look at all the Ultra Notebooks out..... IMACs, look at all the all in ones......from HP, Sony, Dell.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
apple has done little copying. Actually people copy Apple a lot! Apple had the first tablet then here comes the Androids. Apple had the first touch interface phone that worked like that iphone (not talking about the early windows mobile phones as the interface wasn't like that). Then Android copied them. Music players, ipods, same thing. Computers, Macbook AIR, now look at all the Ultra Notebooks out..... IMACs, look at all the all in ones......from HP, Sony, Dell.

I like apple a lot, but Palm Treo was before the iPhone and way better than any windows mobile crap.

But apple also had the Newton back in the days while steve jobs wasn't around, so they already had the idea of the PDA. They have some amazing people in their development team. Technology works that way, a good idea comes out and other people adopt it as well.

MacOS was heavily inspired by what Steve Jobs saw at Xerox Parc, so that idea wasn't completely out of their own heads, but the execution was better and they actually made it into a commercial product.

But anyway... I think its funny people expect APR to have an Android app out when they haven't even finished, or announced dates or anything on the iphone version. What do they expect them to just fart out finished products? I would rather wait for something more polished and complete then something rushed and half-assed.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Because APR are GODS. They can do whatever, whenever with a flick of the finger. Duh.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion