GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What the hell is up with 2007-2011 Civic SI resale values?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
My point really is I'm sure you didn't pay what they were asking, right? People set a price expecting someone to negotiate them down to reality. Perhaps hoping someone is foolish enough to pay their asking price.

imatwork

Ready to race!
None of it makes any sense but no one said Honda owners were the brightest, they did buy a Honda after all (this sentiment would not be true 10 years ago so don't freak out on me).

Did you really just correlate intelligence to car brand?

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
A new one can be had for 22-23k. I just fail to see the logic of someone picking up a used one that has most likely been abused.

I just don't understand...

k20 > k24, is probably the reason why. Though it seems regional, that generation Si seems to be going a bit cheaper in Florida from local craigslist postings, I am still weary of used Hondas due to previous owners unless I have documentation on maintenance.

None of it makes any sense but no one said Honda owners were the brightest, they did buy a Honda after all (this sentiment would not be true 10 years ago so don't freak out on me).
A honda manual is enough for me to choose one a civic or accord over other competitors from Hyundai or Toyota even if the rest appears or is cheaper than the previous generation. Then again, I dont go correlate car intelligence to car brand :rolleyes:

C4L

Banned
A honda manual is enough for me to choose one a civic or accord over other competitors from Hyundai or Toyota even if the rest appears or is cheaper than the previous generation. Then again, I dont go correlate car intelligence to car brand :rolleyes:

Statistical demographical data would correlate intelligence and/or education levels with a car brand. Just as a generality though.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
k20 > k24, is probably the reason why.

Why is the K20 better? it has less torque/power, gets same/worse MPG.

K24 makes a far superior daily driver. Which frankly any civic Si is.

Having driven a TSX extensively, which uses essentially the same engine, I find it quite stout and nice sounding. And the TSX is a full 500lbs heavier than the civic...

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I had an 08 SI and they are selling well because the 2012s weren't well received and the new SIs were hard to come by at first. People like the k20 because of the higher redline than the k24. And as far as the k20 "not getting good gas mileage" I could get 31 highway mpg cruising at 80 which is more than I can say for the GTI. My SI consistantly got better than the epa estimates, my GTI hits the estimates in the city and does worse on the highway. As far as interiors go the GTI has a way better one hands down.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Mini Cooper prices are very similar in this respect. When I was looking, I was shocked at the prices of used S models. Almost the same as MSRP, maybe only a few thousand less, for a car that had 20k on it.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!

Having driven a TSX extensively, which uses essentially the same engine, I find it quite stout and nice sounding. And the TSX is a full 500lbs heavier than the civic...

The K20 was one of the reason to buy an Si. The high rev limit and exhaust sound when driving.

Now Honda has basically flipped the same way it has done in the past.. a bigger discplacement motor with a lower rev limit. IMO it is pointless at that point Honda might as well gone the turbo route instead of building a Honda version of the Corolla XRS.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
The used car market is crazy right now, inventory just isn't there because people are holding onto their cars longer due to the economy. I sold my three year old STI for 4k less than I paid for it new lol.

slackin via taptalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The used car market is crazy right now, inventory just isn't there because people are holding onto their cars longer due to the economy. I sold my three year old STI for 4k less than I paid for it new lol.

slackin via taptalk

Yea, and they sold the 2008 STIs at 8000 OFF and 0 % for 60 months for a while after they came out. They are worth more than that now:eek:

Civic SIs seems to be the same way.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Even Honda themselves admit the new Civic is a flop, and they're redesigning for next year.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

the 8k rpm readline and tunability of it. It pretty much replaced the older B series like B18c1, B18c5, B16, etc that also had the same high revving characteristics, but better low end than the B