GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

22k mi. Today car wouldn't start...ARRRGH!

silence911

Passed Driver's Ed
man I so want a subie, i still miss my old Impreza :(, it was either TDI or WRX for me also. Kinda jealous right now

seeuarndjimmy

Ready to race!
mpg haha i'm ashamed to say but 22mpg combined hwy/city. I've got a shock when my gas tank hit 230ish and the dial is close to empty. I was so used to hitting 400ish then seeing the dial close to empty. It is a fun car to drive around and I've become a little obsessed with this car... I'm still babying it(break in period). here's a pic of the inside

and a couple more pics

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
ah and here's a new pic of my new car... I've kissed the good millage goodbye

Yeah, i loved the TDI's Comfort/ torquey engine/overall ride quality. But this issue was my wake up call to GTFO!

ohh man, thats scary stuff with pump fails,
I am hoping it does not happen to me (at least for another month or two)
I am waiting for my Subaru BRZ still ( ordered it back in march )

I guess I am jumping ship soon too

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
22k on our Jetta TDI and no issues yet. We found a semi-local station selling B5 and have been filling up with that at least once a month.

Glad we got an extended warranty on it. :D

Thumper. It won't do you any good whatsoever unless you use it in every tank. ;)

MM48

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2011 TDI died on me today, same symptoms as OP. Called AAA, had it towed back to the dealer. They'll look at it on Monday and call me, glad I have columbus day off.

How long does this repair take, how many days? Just trying to plan for the week.

MM48

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
My 2011 TDI died on me today, same symptoms as OP. Called AAA, had it towed back to the dealer. They'll look at it on Monday and call me, glad I have columbus day off.

How long does this repair take, how many days? Just trying to plan for the week.

MM48

If they don't have the parts you could be in for a long wait. I would bug the shit out of them to get a loaner till it's fixed. Most good dealerships will help you out.

MM48

Passed Driver's Ed
If they don't have the parts you could be in for a long wait. I would bug the shit out of them to get a loaner till it's fixed. Most good dealerships will help you out.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll ask for the loaner once they give me the assessment.

MM48

jodiddly33

I hate hearing about this problem, especially when i'm about to hit 50k miles. anybody feel like this issue is cause for purchasing an extended warranty?

MM48

Passed Driver's Ed
I hate hearing about this problem, especially when i'm about to hit 50k miles. anybody feel like this issue is cause for purchasing an extended warranty?

I purchased the 10yr/100k warranty when I bought mine, since I drive a lot.

Forgot to mention, I just passed 29k miles.

MM48

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Make sure to make a report with the NHTSA

rmchung

Ready to race!
My diesel hpfp took a dump over the weekend. Towed to dealership and today they said it'll be covered by VW, including the loaner car. I had 37.5k miles on the car. Also put in a report to NHTSA.

MY: 2010
Station: Chevron at corner of 57/Orangethorpe exit. Been filling up there for months since it has great prices. They also have a separate pump area specifically for diesel

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My diesel hpfp took a dump over the weekend. Towed to dealership and today they said it'll be covered by VW, including the loaner car. I had 37.5k miles on the car. Also put in a report to NHTSA.

Where did you get diesel last? And what year is your golf?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Last edited: