GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership stories?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
We all hate 'em, we all have to deal with them right?

Whats your craziest thing that's happend to you at the stealership?

I'd start out with one myself but I've never had anything crazy happen. Maybe waiting a long time once...and then a guy said my Trans Am had an "Oil Anomaly" which just really stands out in my mind haha...

Anyway, please share all the crazy chite as it is good to vent this way, and it's mildly entertaining for me as I can read through this and say "OH SNAP!" out loud at work and have people look at me weird.

Last edited:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Lets just say that besides my DSG flush, i will never take in my car again. I want to punch people that work there in the face.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Lets just say that besides my DSG flush, i will never take in my car again. I want to punch people that work there in the face.

What happend? Did they touch you in the no-no spot?

xtremequicksand9

Ready to race!
I once had a dealership refuse to service my car because it, and I quote, "Did not have the OEM wheels that the car was sold with. It is therefore modified and we do not wish to deal with the hassle."

....I just wanted a simple oil change.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
What happend? Did they touch you in the no-no spot?

Nooooo :D

I made a rant about it awhile ago. I came in for a check engine light that i already knew what the problem was, I just didn't know where ( it was reading negative back pressure because I chopped off the muffler). So the people working on my car start telling me I took off cats and resonators which I didn't and they started yelling at me and flailing their arms at me. So I told the guys to relax and show me where I had no cats. He lifts my car, boom, all cats and resonators there just no muffler like I told them. Then they start telling me I fucked up the car and they don't want to work at it. So I told him I want to see his boss because the way I'm being treated is unacceptable ( I did use curse words though).

So I talk to their boss, and idk if be was stoned or just waking up, but the whole time I was talking to him he just had a blank stare on his face and clearly did not care about what I had to say. So he's just staring at me saying nothing. So I just slap his stupid pencil off his desk and threaten to call VWoA and I left. Told the guy up front I want my car now I'm leaving. As they just lower it off the lift I trap me keys from the fuck "working" on my car and I left.

Fuck that dealership I will work on the car myself.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I have two great dealer options within 15 minutes of my house. :eek:

I see wut u done dere.

I once had a dealership refuse to service my car because it, and I quote, "Did not have the OEM wheels that the car was sold with. It is therefore modified and we do not wish to deal with the hassle."

....I just wanted a simple oil change.

Wow...WOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Ridiculous.

Mine did tell me when I bought it if I lower it any lower than what it is now they might not be able to get it on their lifts and that might cause issues down the road if they ever need to get under it

@raw Wow...that's pretty intense. Makes you wonder if they even looked underneath the car to even verify you had cats and reso.

xtremequicksand9

Ready to race!
I see wut u done dere.

Wow...WOW. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Ridiculous.

Mine did tell me when I bought it if I lower it any lower than what it is now they might not be able to get it on their lifts and that might cause issues down the road if they ever need to get under it

Yeah. I was amazed. I mean they were OEM Volkswagen 17's instead of the 16 inch steelies the car came with. Its not like I went with some hellaflush/madz stretch/tight negative camber yo! bullshit. And it was an oil change!

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Sub'd.......this should be interesting

Das what I'm going for :D

Yeah. I was amazed. I mean they were OEM Volkswagen 17's instead of the 16 inch steelies the car came with. Its not like I went with some hellaflush/madz stretch/tight negative camber yo! bullshit. And it was an oil change!

Wow, even crazier haha...So what did you end up doing? Diff dealer? Local Tire/Lube shop?

Bender1

Banned
Not a VW dealer story but a dealer story nonetheless. It was a higher end used car dealer. Nothing new, but all off lease luxury cars. I had come to an agreement on a car and was trading my Camaro in for it. The price on the car was excellent but they were low by about $1500 on the trade. The inspector made up some BS about valve tick, which I knew was just the alternator (it was admittedly probably on its way out). I suggested a little competition. I would fix the tick right there with standard hand tools in less than an hour and they would beat what I wanted on the trade by $250. If I couldn't do it, I would take the deal that they were offering.

The sales manager shockingly said yes, but under the condition that he and the inspector get to watch. We agreed on 4 in the afternoon the next day. I showed up with a wrench, a socket set, and a new alternator. Less than 45 minutes later the tick was gone, the sales manager was laughing and the inspector was FURIOUS. :D

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Not a VW dealer story but a dealer story nonetheless. It was a higher end used car dealer. Nothing new, but all off lease luxury cars. I had come to an agreement on a car and was trading my Camaro in for it. The price on the car was excellent but they were low by about $1500 on the trade. The inspector made up some BS about valve tick, which I knew was just the alternator (it was admittedly probably on its way out). I suggested a little competition. I would fix the tick right there with standard hand tools in less than an hour and they would beat what I wanted on the trade by $250. If I couldn't do it, I would take the deal that they were offering.

The sales manager shockingly said yes, but under the condition that he and the inspector get to watch. We agreed on 4 in the afternoon the next day. I showed up with a wrench, a socket set, and a new alternator. Less than 45 minutes later the tick was gone, the sales manager was laughing and the inspector was FURIOUS. :D

Bender that is an awesome story, thanks for sharing :D

What year Camaro was it?

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Nothing but good things to say about the dealer I take my car too. Gunther VW (Jimmy)

But back in the day I had an 88 IROZ 5.7 I took the car in for some warrantee work. When I got the car back there were things missing from the car.

The (4) factory floor mats that had the IROZ logo on them,
The dome light cover,
The (4) center caps IROZ logo on them,
The Owner manual,
The distributor cover not the actual distributor just a trim piece that cover it,
The rear cover that pulls out to cover up things you carry in the hatch,

The dealer told me that items left in the car they were not responsible for them. So I called the police and filed a report. The dealer freaked out and wonders why I did not talk to them. I told the dealer I tried but you blew me off.
Long story short I got all my parts in and they had the balls to try and get me to bring the car to them. I just went there and picked them up.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Nothing but good things to say about the dealer I take my car too. Gunther VW (Jimmy)

But back in the day I had an 88 IROZ 5.7 I took the car in for some warrantee work. When I got the car back there were things missing from the car.

The (4) factory floor mats that had the IROZ logo on them,
The dome light cover,
The (4) center caps IROZ logo on them,
The Owner manual,
The distributor cover not the actual distributor just a trim piece that cover it,
The rear cover that pulls out to cover up things you carry in the hatch,

The dealer told me that items left in the car they were not responsible for them. So I called the police and filed a report. The dealer freaked out and wonders why I did not talk to them. I told the dealer I tried but you blew me off.
Long story short I got all my parts in and they had the balls to try and get me to bring the car to them. I just went there and picked them up.

that place really is a stealership, even the owners manual? come on