GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership stories?

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I was suprised my car made it out of there. Yes the owner manual was the hardest piece to replace. It took 2 months to get.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I was suprised my car made it out of there. Yes the owner manual was the hardest piece to replace. It took 2 months to get.

What do you think they were doing with that stuff? Resale? Thats some shady shit. You didnt leave those things in the car, they are PART of the car. Would they remove the engine and tell you you shouldnt have left it in the car???

Glad you didnt put up with that BS.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
When I bought my Jeep a few years ago I ended up having to come back the next day. Before I left they offered for me to leave a deposit so they would hold the car. I didnt have a problem with this. Then they tried to get me to sign a paper and said it was a receipt for my deposit... it was lengthy and a lot of legal jargon. I was impatient and tired so I signed it and left. I came back the next day, ended up buying the car and went home. I later looked over the paperwork I got with the car, while I filed it away and realized what I had signed was a sales contract, not a recept for the deposit.

At this point it didnt matter what it was. I had bought the car and that was the end of it but I decided to look up reviews of the dealership. Surprise surprise, I wasnt the only one.

From 2010:
"About two weeks ago, I saw an on-line ad for a late-model used car. I went there, test-drove the car, and liked it, but I wanted to look at some other cars before making my decision. The salesman offered to hold the car for two days, with no obligation, if I put a $500 deposit on it. I wrote a check for $500, dated two days in the future. He then gave me a form to sign, saying it was a receipt for my deposit. When I started to read the form, he said, “You don’t have to read that; it’s just a standard form.” While I was reading the form, he tried twice more to persuade me to sign it without reading it. It was a sales contract. (I didn't sign it.)"

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
When I bought my Jeep a few years ago I ended up having to come back the next day. Before I left they offered for me to leave a deposit so they would hold the car. I didnt have a problem with this. Then they tried to get me to sign a paper and said it was a receipt for my deposit... it was lengthy and a lot of legal jargon. I was impatient and tired so I signed it and left. I came back the next day, ended up buying the car and went home. I later looked over the paperwork I got with the car, while I filed it away and realized what I had signed was a sales contract, not a recept for the deposit.

At this point it didnt matter what it was. I had bought the car and that was the end of it but I decided to look up reviews of the dealership. Surprise surprise, I wasnt the only one.

From 2010:
"About two weeks ago, I saw an on-line ad for a late-model used car. I went there, test-drove the car, and liked it, but I wanted to look at some other cars before making my decision. The salesman offered to hold the car for two days, with no obligation, if I put a $500 deposit on it. I wrote a check for $500, dated two days in the future. He then gave me a form to sign, saying it was a receipt for my deposit. When I started to read the form, he said, “You don’t have to read that; it’s just a standard form.” While I was reading the form, he tried twice more to persuade me to sign it without reading it. It was a sales contract. (I didn't sign it.)"

When I bought a brand new Nissan Frontier crew cab I had to come back the next day too. They wanted a deposit for the truck so I paid. The next day they tell me they sold the truck I put a deposit down for. Still got everything I wanted but its that BS that turns what should be happy times into you feeling the need to shower.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
When I bought a brand new Nissan Frontier crew cab I had to come back the next day too. They wanted a deposit for the truck so I paid. The next day they tell me they sold the truck I put a deposit down for. Still got everything I wanted but its that BS that turns what should be happy times into you feeling the need to shower.

Exactly. After I realized I had been played like that, I started liking my Jeep less and less everyday.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
99 :D Loved that car.

Nice :D

I had a 97 Trans Am for awhile. Was mega fun. I had a 2001 Camaro before that, just a V6 doe. I was really tempted to get the newest gen.

Did you have an El Ess Wun?