GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible good news for the US

rickerbr

Ready to race!
This is pure speculation, but it seems like it may be good news -

In the latest ETKA update (778) there are part numbers listed for black/chrome HID dynabeam headlights for the NAR (north american region). Since the US spec GTI doesn't come with these and these are similar to what come on the Euro Golf R, this may be the start of Golf R part numbers for US spec cars. We may start to see more US spec parts show up in ETKA as possible show cars are built for LA or Detroit.

Didn't find any other examples of US Golf R parts (e.g. front bumpers with side marker holes etc) yet.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like the GTI part.

black/chrome = GTI
black/black = Golf R

rickerbr

Ready to race!
GTI part is dynabeam? (Curve following in ETKA speak)

zee

Go Kart Champion
GTI part is dynabeam? (Curve following in ETKA speak)

Yes, the GTi has it...as in adaptive dynamic cornering light where the projectors swivel 15 degree left and right to see around turns. they only work above 6mph though.

The USA cars have non-projector halogens standard with the Bi-Xenon AFS optional at US$700.

rickerbr

Ready to race!
FWIW on the Mk 6 in the US, the halogens are standard and the Bi-Xenon option does not include AFS/Dynabeam/Curve Following per VW.com (which is known to get it wrong most of the time). The Golf R press release photos show black/chrome headlights with chrome "ramps". It may be that dynabeam will show up as a GTI option for the US, but I still suspect this is a US market Golf R thing. VW AG is going to make that decision not VWGA.

zee

Go Kart Champion
The USA cars do have Bi-xenon AFS and owners have confirmed that the HIDs do the sweep on first start-up.
Up/down for auto-leveling AND in/out for cornering(unlike the Mk5 xenons).
VW.com is wrong on it not having it as they have been on alot of the information on the Mk6 GTI specs...

4 minute mark on this video shows a US spec car do the sweep on start-up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclnT3JACZU&feature=player_embedded#

The press release photos did show chrome, but the actual picture of the car at frankfurt and others have been black.

FWIW on the Mk 6 in the US, the halogens are standard and the Bi-Xenon option does not include AFS/Dynabeam/Curve Following per VW.com (which is known to get it wrong most of the time). The Golf R press release photos show black/chrome headlights with chrome "ramps". It may be that dynabeam will show up as a GTI option for the US, but I still suspect this is a US market Golf R thing. VW AG is going to make that decision not VWGA.

US spec GTI's do have the bi-xenon HID w/ AFS option. Mine work great and the package is definitely worth the money IMHO. Best headlights I've driven behind :thumbup: I'll shoot a video from the driver's seat of the Cylon dance but you can find it on youtube easily. They just self test in an up/down then outside/inside sequence. It's pretty cool looking.