GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI rates went up

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I just got my insurance renewal papers and it looks like all of the rating groups set out by the government have gone up significantly. This caused a decent bump in my annual rate. I guess the idiot GTI drivers are finally starting to cause us some issues.

Last year our car rated at:

Accident Benefits - 32
Comprehensive/Specified Perils -28
Direct Compensation - Property Damage/Collision/ All Perils - 35

This year:

Accident Benefits - 33
Comprehensive/Specified Perils -30
Direct Compensation - Property Damage/Collision/ All Perils - 36

I spoke to my insurance company (RBC insurance) and they told me it is rare that they change these rating which means there had to be a significant increase in accident and benefit payouts due to GTIs being in accidents. Kind of a bummer since everyone else I know who shops with RBC, including my family, had their rates decrease this year.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I have saw a lot of accidents on this forum lately for the past one year resulted in total loss, including myself, most aren't at fault.

SHOMI

Ready to race!
Hm. Mine went down :)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
It's because the swag/fags and flat brimmed hatted fellows are beginning to be able to afford the MK6 now. Considering 3 out of 4 points fell off of my record this renewal, can't imagine I'll see a difference lol.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Nope. Insurance stayed the same.

which means your insurance could have dropped but remained the same because the base rates went up the same way the rest of my family's rates dropped but mine didn't even though we are with the same company and all had a clean year of driving :thumbsup:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
mine went up to on the year of my birthday it was supposed to go down...no points, no infractions, just a slight bump in my policy price...

was wondering the same, however, the 140 i pay a month for the coverage i have is not really terrible