GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Visceralsoup's Golf R build

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Awesome!!! What're you cranking out now at the wheels? The intercooler, at least for me, helped a crap ton.

You'll love the mounts btw. Shifting should be way smoother if you upgraded all of them.

The mounts are great!!! Just did a launch and the 1-2 shift feels so much better. I forsee improved 60' times.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
The mounts are great!!! Just did a launch and the 1-2 shift feels so much better. I forsee improved 60' times.

Ohh yeah, I absolutely adore mine. Just give them around 1k miles to fully break in... I kinda miss how rough mine drove while breaking them in. :p

I wonder why your R is getting 284 on 91 Cali gas... I'm getting 31hp more. My only guess is charge/discharge pipes, but I can't see how that it'd gain that much from them. I exclusively use Shell V-Power.

BTW, if you're coming out to the Last Sunday Neuspeed event come find me. Would love to chat about your build man :)

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Ohh yeah, I absolutely adore mine. Just give them around 1k miles to fully break in... I kinda miss how rough mine drove while breaking them in. :p

I wonder why your R is getting 284 on 91 Cali gas... I'm getting 31hp more. My only guess is charge/discharge pipes, but I can't see how that it'd gain that much from them. I exclusively use Shell V-Power.

BTW, if you're coming out to the Last Sunday Neuspeed event come find me. Would love to chat about your build man :)

Ill try to make it out! When is it?

Also it could just be different numbers from the dyno. For what it's worth a stock 335i made 230whp on this dyno. Usually those put around 270 whp.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Ill try to make it out! When is it?

Also it could just be different numbers from the dyno. For what it's worth a stock 335i made 230whp on this dyno. Usually those put around 270 whp.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Free food, discounts, and lots of VWs. April 24 https://www.facebook.com/events/1098625993531341/ (cruise is at 8:15am if you're willing to drive out early https://www.facebook.com/events/627853990697386/)

Ah yeah, that makes sense. So you should be at the right power levels :)

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
That is a bit of a drive for me. I might make it though.

Yeah it is, but most likely Neuspeed will be doing the same 30% discount for their products, so definitely some incentive if you want some parts from them. You don't have to do the cruise though as the person who runs it (Kawika) understands that some people come from far away.

Anyways, will stop hijacking your build thread hehe

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Yeah it is, but most likely Neuspeed will be doing the same 30% discount for their products, so definitely some incentive if you want some parts from them. You don't have to do the cruise though as the person who runs it (Kawika) understands that some people come from far away.

Anyways, will stop hijacking your build thread hehe
Not sure if you are part of OC VW on facebook but I'm on there. Find me on facebook and we can link up that way.
Taylor Darr

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if you are part of OC VW on facebook but I'm on there. Find me on facebook and we can link up that way.

Taylor Darr

Found you. Coincidentally I'm Taylor too haha. I'm part of like every other VW group but the OC one haha... just joined that group too.

tsenglish

Went with a Sundown sd-3 10" 500w rms
The box itself is .66 cubic feet which is perfect for the subwoofer I chose. Paired with the JL audio mono amp and AudioControl LC2-i, this really woke up the stock system and makes for a solid upgrade.

What sub box did you use?

INV2LAW

Passed Driver's Ed

Torque solutions 75a durometer.
Slightly buzzy on acceleration, quiet on idle. Hopefully noise will subside after a few weeks.

Rpf1 17x9
235/40/17 BF Goodrich Gforce

These are awesome wheels but I had to get 12mm spacers for the front. The R calipers are just too large.
Tires are a bit noisy and Im finding it hard to get grip. I feel that the lightness of the wheels is the cause, not the tires.

Redynod with only the front wheels. This is a dynapack so it is unlinked. Made 284 whp on 88 octane tune (91 california gas is crap) and I made 313 with an e30 mix (adjusted octane setting to 100). Pretty impressive gains between the two, and a true testament to the car's ability to adapt to small amounts of ethanol.

Went with a Sundown sd-3 10" 500w rms
The box itself is .66 cubic feet which is perfect for the subwoofer I chose. Paired with the JL audio mono amp and AudioControl LC2-i, this really woke up the stock system and makes for a solid upgrade.

Ran at Fontana last week for the Street Legal races.
Conditions were not ideal.
2800 DA
80°
No prep
Street tires

12.4 is pretty good considering these factors.
Found a calculator online and given the DA, 12.4 turns into a 12.0 at sea level. Not accurate Im sure but it gives me hope.

Nice quarter mile times! Just curious tho:

Why did you decided to tune for 88 instead of 91?

Are you on UM E85 proflex set up or just on UM fully loaded and mixing gas with ethanol?

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Nice quarter mile times! Just curious tho:

Why did you decided to tune for 88 instead of 91?

Are you on UM E85 proflex set up or just on UM fully loaded and mixing gas with ethanol?

Hey thanks!

So when I did my first logs after getting the fully loaded file, we found that California gas wasnt a true 91 octane. I started to get timing pull at 89 octane setting through Vagcom so we left it at 88 to be safe. I have yet to get the flexfuel setup so for now Im just bumping up octane and not seeing the true benefits of e85.

INV2LAW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey thanks!

So when I did my first logs after getting the fully loaded file, we found that California gas wasnt a true 91 octane. I started to get timing pull at 89 octane setting through Vagcom so we left it at 88 to be safe. I have yet to get the flexfuel setup so for now Im just bumping up octane and not seeing the true benefits of e85.

Are planing on going with e85 set up?