GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone 4S and Bluetooth

rigti9

Ready to race!
I'm having issues getting my GTI's bluetooth to be recognized in my new iPhone 4S. I used bluetooth pretty heavily for talking on the phone while driving and streaming pandora. The phone doesn't pickup the bluetooth signal. Do I need to do a firmware update? If so, how do I go about doing that? It worked pretty well w/ my 3G, and I've disabled that one just to be sure there was no crossover from the car looking for that phone. Any help is great. Thanks :thumbsup:

**also I've got a 2010 GTI w/out Nav, if that makes any difference. I don't remember which unit that represents.***

Last edited:

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
That's odd. Mine recognized my 4s with no problem. My car is a 2011. I understand that the 2010 bluetooth is different but that should not matter when it comes to recognizing the 4s.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Mine did not recognize at first, general settings, blue tooth on, re inserted key, pressed the blue tooth on car overhead, then after about a minute it showed VW and then gave the screen to enter the 0000 code, paired.

You may have to turn the phone off, reinsert key in car a time or two, but it will pair.

marcnice

iPhone 4s Charging...

I haven't had any problems connecting via BluTooth however I used to have the iPhone4 which worked perfectly but once I upgraded to the iPhone4s the data port will no longer charge my unit... It will still play my music and connect via blutooth for the phone but now I run out of juice while listening to music. Any ideas out there???

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I haven't had any problems connecting via BluTooth however I used to have the iPhone4 which worked perfectly but once I upgraded to the iPhone4s the data port will no longer charge my unit... It will still play my music and connect via blutooth for the phone but now I run out of juice while listening to music. Any ideas out there???

just get a charger that connects to your regular 12v outlet.

daveofds

Mine worked out of the box for the first few months, then suddenly a few weeks ago it started screwing up. I suspect an apple update. I can still connect, but no functions. No sound, just static hiss from player and callers cannot hear me on phone.

daveofds

Iphone 4s bluetooth connection malfunction

I have lost functionality in my iPhone 4s also. Worked great the first few months, but then suddenly stopped about a month ago. No sound, just hiss on radio, no one can hear me on the phone.
Found many other postings on Apple about same problem. I think it is with the last update to 5.0.1. Apple needs to fix it.
I can still plug my phone in and access menus through the radio, but I have to turn bluetooth off for it to play podcasts and songs.

Last edited:

daveofds

Fixed! Called Applecare. In Settings, General, reset all settings. Now it works, but BT volume is way too high!!! Switching from radio to BT player volume shoots way up!!!

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
I think theres a bluetooth RVU that affects Bluetooth searching. Might be worth a search. Ni got it when I got oil change along with a DSG RVU. I wasn't haing BT issues though.

JRide

Ready to race!
I'll have to look for an update because in both my 2010 and 2012 my iPhone 4 would connect to BT randomly. A lot of times I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually connect it that is very annoying. I just got the 4S so we'll see if thats any better.

Fixed! Called Applecare. In Settings, General, reset all settings. Now it works, but BT volume is way too high!!! Switching from radio to BT player volume shoots way up!!!

Is your sound check on? The option is in "Music" under settings. This helped a lot after I almost blew my ear drums out! :laugh:

daveofds

Fixed the problem. Per Applecare suggestion reset all settings on iphone. All functionality restored with blue tooth. Is there anyway to mitigate the volume discrepency between FM and Media? switched from FM to media today and got blasted with superhigh volume. I thought it my damage my speakers!!!

jkeegan

Passed Driver's Ed
My 4S works great in my car, i have a 2010 gti. I purchased an extension cable for the Ipod/iphone hookup in the armrest, Im sure most of you realized that putting your phone in there is a huge pain in the ass and not useful at all, so i got an extension for that. Then i have a promount mount right next to my stereo system so that i can see my phone, change songs easily, etc and everything is peachy

Bandit1

Ready to race!
No issues in the car with my 4s, but wondering if anyone is have issues with the volume outside of the car. My ringer volume goes to zero every time I'm out of the car, so I miss a lot of calls. I just got the phone replaced at the Apple store Sat. and this one is doing the same thing. I'm thinking it might have to do with BT (adjusting volume)?

Anyone? I'll go to Apple again, but can't figure out why it's happening.

BTW, I have the buttons disabled so they are not the issue.