GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***** BEWARE OF SCAMS*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
hey all, I was scammed by "pedropmk7" for $290 last week, a few other members have been scammed as well. He also has posts on vw vortex parting out his depo lights, ect.

this is really sad that someone is on here taking advantage of us, so make sure you really know who you are buying from before you buy.

I'm sure many of you (including me) are looking for deals on here because money is tight, and to be taken advantage of is fucking wrong!

If anyone knows how to contact the moderator on here please give me the info! I'd like any help I can get tracking down pedropmk7 and my money!

smokey24

Ready to race!
That sucks. Does truly sucks. I feel u but I made that mistake once and it was enough. My purchase was a lot more then yours tho. 1700$ good luck
I will only use paypal now and never send as gift. Rather pay extra fees out of my own pocket to insure I get what I paid for. For future reference I think if u send as gift then paypal is not gonna reimburse u.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Always send as paying for goods and make sure to file a claim before the allowed time limit. If you wait to long you will most likely be screwed again.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
hey all, I was scammed by "pedropmk7" for $290 last week, a few other members have been scammed as well. He also has posts on vw vortex parting out his depo lights, ect.

this is really sad that someone is on here taking advantage of us, so make sure you really know who you are buying from before you buy.

I'm sure many of you (including me) are looking for deals on here because money is tight, and to be taken advantage of is fucking wrong!

If anyone knows how to contact the moderator on here please give me the info! I'd like any help I can get tracking down pedropmk7 and my money!

Thanks for the warning. If you used PayPal and sent money as paying for goods, you should be fine. Just file a dispute and PayPal will refund you. If you didn't do it that way specifically, then you screwed yourself as much as he screwed you. Sorry. Expensive lesson.

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Dam all kinds of scammers on here. I'm going through something very similar, I wish you the best of luck.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
This similar thing happened to me on Vortex for some Xenon headlights, luckily I payed for goods and got my money back a month later. Sorry that happened man, I hope you get your money back. Beware, there are a lot of shit heads out there!

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
That sucks and sorry to hear man.. Call paypal and try to get your money back, also if he notify paypal that he sent it to you ask paypal to get the tracking information from him this way they can trace/track the package/

A member on Vortex tried to scam me, I sold him my headlights for a MKV and he claimed it was damaged, I said that I would give him a full refund if he sent the headlights back to me. I had filed the claim via UPS and notified paypal so he didn't have to pay for shipping. He didn't want to send them back. The buyer refused and when paypal got involve he gave them a tracking number saying he sent it back only to find out that it was a piece of paper in an envelope. I called paypal and told them, they tracked it and spoke with someone at UPS and verified the weight of the package and released the funds back to me. There was no way headlights weighed only 10oz.

This is why its always good to send/receive money as goods and state in the box that lets you add a message what the items are.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I asked for pics of his lights and he never responded. Sketchy. Sorry for your loss.

This.

If the person isn't willing to give recent pictures of the item being sold, I will not do business with that individual.

scooter7728

Passed Driver's Ed
did he post alot? I stay away from guys with limited number of posts, i want to deal with someone thats been on the forums for quite sometime and doesnt seem to be leaving the community anytime soon.

jo.jacques

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, I paid with Paypal once and got screwed..

Filled a complain within the required time and I NEVER got my money back, Paypal is really overrated when it comes to insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.