GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windsheild washer fluid delay

Question:

2013 GLI -- Anyone else with a GLI or GTI have issue where you press back on your windheild washer stalk, and the wipers come on BEFORE the washer fluid?

This is highly annoying, It tears up the wipers, as they swipe before the washer fluid deploys.

Anyone know how to fix it? I drove a Passat awhile back.. and the washer fluid would come FIRST, and then wipers would swipe.. as normal.

unsure if there are changes in VCDS?

Paytrose

Ready to race!
My car does this. I thought it was normal. But it makes sense that it would ruin the wiper blades if they are wiping before the fluid is on the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Highly annoying screeching sound when super dry windshield and dry wiper blades....

Maybe time to replace my blades lol OEM @ 70k miles

Paytrose

Ready to race!
So I turned on my windshield fluid today because i was curious after seeing this post and my car actually sprays fluid before wipers. So I'm not sure why your GTI's doing that. Possibly your not pressing it firmly? So it activates the wipers before fluid?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey there,
Yeah - I pull the stalk all the way in to initiate the windshield spray/wipe

indeed - wipers come on before spray... One full wipe and screech across windshield, and then they come down, and then it sprays.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
My GTI does this too. I keep a clean windshield & don't often uses the washers, but when I do it is one wipe before washer squirt. Quite an odd thing.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Mine shoots fluid first, then a wipe. It's not a full on, money shot amount of fluid, but enough to get the job done pre-wipe.

Interesting... im jealous.

I wonder if this is a program setting within VCDS?