GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark Plug Recommendations

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I keep getting Check engine lights on cold starts in the morning for misfire's. I recently went APR stage 1, and replaced all of my coils to R8 coils. I also used the NGK (1675) PFR7S8EG Spark Plugs. Is this spark plug okay? Does someone recommend a different plug? Trying to narrow down why I keep popping misfire codes. I also scheduled an appointment for a decarb next week. I guess my main concern is whether or not I used the right spark plugs?
Sorry for the ramble.

zrickety

The Fixer
There is range of plugs that will work, including stock for stage 1. I like NGK, right now running Denso. Did you use a torque wrench and did you check the gaps? They are supposed to be good out of the box but not always. I gap mine a little tight, they will spread over time. You may find the carbon clean is the fix.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I keep getting Check engine lights on cold starts in the morning for misfire's. I recently went APR stage 1, and replaced all of my coils to R8 coils. I also used the NGK (1675) PFR7S8EG Spark Plugs. Is this spark plug okay?

You have exactly my set up, and I'm still misfire-free at 119,000 miles. I de-carboned the valves at 90K miles along with new coils, plugs, filters, etc and the difference was noticeable.

Make sure the coils are fully seated. I've heard of them popping up sometimes.

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
You have exactly my set up, and I'm still misfire-free at 119,000 miles. I de-carboned the valves at 90K miles along with new coils, plugs, filters, etc and the difference was noticeable.

Make sure the coils are fully seated. I've heard of them popping up sometimes.

Will do, thank you!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
It can be the fuel you're putting into the tank. Make sure to use reputable gas.

maine-mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
It can be the fuel you're putting into the tank. Make sure to use reputable gas.

Good point, anyone have any problems with Cumberland Farms 93 Octane (those that reside in the north east)?

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same problem when I decided to do the tune up myself instead of taking it to the dealer ship to save some money. I was getting a misfired on cylinder #4 I gaped them all and got rid of the misfired. Hope this will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk