GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM BiXenon Alternatives

Vaalbara

So, I've had a horrible time trying to find any info on this, so I apologize if I'm just blatantly missing something. I have the Autobahn GTI with OEM Bi-Xenons and I cannot seem to find ANY aftermarket headlights I could even think of swapping with. Everything seems to be for the halogen models, even the OSRAM lights I was hoping were made in variant for my car.

Anyone know of any options I could look into? Dig the MK7 style on an MK6, so +1 for any leads on that.

xvxmk6

Ready to race!
As far as I know, you would have to repin your connector and recode your car. I really wouldn't give up the performance of the OEM bixenon lights for Helix projectors. They're not bad, but they're certainly not self leveling, high performing bi xenon projectors like the OEM Hella ones are.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
The reason you cant find any aftermarket options is because you already have the best headlight available for the car.

Xvxmk6 is correct in that you'd have to depin your 14pin harness and repin to a 10-pen connector. Also, you'd have to remove a few items in VAGCOM and change Byte18.

Stick with the Bi-Xenons. You will not get a better performing light than what VW provided you.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Right, any aftermarket headlights you install will be worse than the ones you already have.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
So, I've had a horrible time trying to find any info on this, so I apologize if I'm just blatantly missing something. I have the Autobahn GTI with OEM Bi-Xenons and I cannot seem to find ANY aftermarket headlights I could even think of swapping with. Everything seems to be for the halogen models, even the OSRAM lights I was hoping were made in variant for my car.

Anyone know of any options I could look into? Dig the MK7 style on an MK6, so +1 for any leads on that.
If you want to switch up the look of your headlights, do a headlight retrofit. You can pay a shop (be careful, a lot of them suck) or do it yourself which is a lot of work getting the factory perma seal apart.

I have bi xenons and will be opening them up soon to change a few things. I'll be making a video on it to give people an idea of what they're getting themselves into. My YouTube is "Tom Keegan" you can find my channel by searching for my mk6 sequential turn signal prototype video. I'll be making a ton of videos on lighting stuff soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
If you want to switch up the look of your headlights, do a headlight retrofit. You can pay a shop (be careful, a lot of them suck) or do it yourself which is a lot of work getting the factory perma seal apart.

I have bi xenons and will be opening them up soon to change a few things. I'll be making a video on it to give people an idea of what they're getting themselves into. My YouTube is "Tom Keegan" you can find my channel by searching for my mk6 sequential turn signal prototype video. I'll be making a ton of videos on lighting stuff soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes please! I would love to see a vid of someone opening up the perma sealed MK6 xenons. I need to replace my faded/oxidized lenses and figure I will make a few other changes while I'm in there.

Uberryan

Banned
I have the OEM bixenons but like you, I've sought out potential replacements due to the awful state they're in now after 8~ years of exposure. Crazing of the plastic lenses, plus weathering, and oxidation build up makes them look like trash and replacing just the lenses seems impossible.