GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spied: Golf MK8 Interior Gets High Tech Overhaul!

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
I Personally don't like the exterior of the Golf anymore. It know longer has the sleeper feel to it like earlier revisions had. I'm glad i got my MK6, I feel like the look of the MK6 has a balance of both aggressiveness and sleeper car. On a totally different point, I heard US/Canada will no longer get the standard golf, only the performance GTI and Rs.

torga

Autocross Champion
Just noticed the center of the steering wheels look like Lamborghini's design.
Huh yeah, you're right. Mk7 GTI/R steering wheels and now this Mk8 steering wheel have been really, really good.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
on a plus note, looks like they still have manual! which is a plus considering there are 0 manual audis that i'm aware of right now

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I'm stoked for the manual option, it's a dying breed. Curious to see the whole package but I dig the interior, definitely looks more Audi tech/luxury level.

I'm still amazed at how good the MK6 looks, even after the MK7 has been out for some time. I'll start to think the MK6 feels bland and dated but then I'll look back at it in a parking lot and just admire it's clean lines and design.

VW Steve

Ready to race!
I'm not crazy about the big desktop-style screen and also the instrument panel going all-digital - no dials at all. This will make the car more expensive, and more prone the glitches. I hope to at least get a close-up view of the base Golf 8 because there are still rumors - still being reported by many as fact - that VWoA will only give us the GTI and the R - no base model! I have never owned any Golf but a base model, and I've been lobbying VWoA incessantly to keep the base Golf in the American lineup (it's confirmed for Canada), but it may be moot if the base Golf 8 ends up being so expensive that I might as well keep my Golf 6, which has all of the features and the tech I need.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
same I just don't like it I love the mk6 look too much.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i might be dating myself but that whole Knight Rider dash has me ralphing.. nothing wrong with analog dials imho.. but i guess the GenXer's need to be able to relate? Dunno...

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Yea........NO.

I don't like that interior at all. Big screens, just one more reason to not have your eyes on the road or pay attention where you're goingl