GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power lost after installing 3” piping

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
After installing a 3” pipes straight through, I’ve noticed a significant loss of power at low end, the powerband is at high rpms at all gears.
Can anyone advise if this is normal with 3”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You are 3” from the turbo back? Are you flashed for stage 2?

The power band does move to higher rpm when a downpipe is installed.

torga

Autocross Champion
What GolNat said - a 3" TBE without a tune will run like a pig in the lower RPMs. In fact, there are still plenty of people that think 2.5" is perfect for this car.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
2.5" is the perfect balance IMO. 3" will get you more power on the higher rpm, but if you spend most of your time in around town or traffic like me, then 3" will be a slouch. I've had both and currently have 2.5" because I don't live my life on the tracks.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
2.5" is the perfect balance IMO. 3" will get you more power on the higher rpm, but if you spend most of your time in around town or traffic like me, then 3" will be a slouch. I've had both and currently have 2.5" because I don't live my life on the tracks.

Yea man ur correct. I’ve changed my setup to 3” dp to 2.5” and gained my low end power back. It was too free flowing for a stock tune.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
What GolNat said - a 3" TBE without a tune will run like a pig in the lower RPMs. In fact, there are still plenty of people that think 2.5" is perfect for this car.

Ur right there, i shd have researched that before doing it. I’ve changed my setup to 3” dp to 2.5” tbe and power gain came back. Too much free flow i guess esp on stock tune.