GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 05-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
SIGTI
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Gti
Should I return my car to stock before selling?

I have a 2012 GTI 5 speed manual and fully loaded with leather. My only modifications are a APR Stage 2 tune with a modified APR turboback to quad pipes, and a APR air intake.

Would I receive a better offer selling stock or modded?

Thanks
SIGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
BudgetPhoenix
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 09 GLI
Sell it stock
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
sterkrazzy
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
You get more money if you sell it stock mostly just because of the money you make back on your parts.

I'm lazy though so there's certain parts I'm not gonna bother to put back to stock. I don't have my stock turboback so I'll probably just leave my exhaust in. I'm definitely not putting in a stock clutch to get my smfw back lol...but things like tail lights, head lights, my golf r front bumper and side skirts, tyrolsport hatchbrace, cobb ap, and wheels/tires are all staying with me to be sold off.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
intellistar
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI 6MT DBP
Generally speaking, you should return to stock. TBE and intake are easy to swap back, and should be easy to sell as they are also some of the most sought after parts aside from wheels. If you had an LSD or other transmission upgrades, the amount of effort may not end up being worth it though.
intellistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #5
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
In for details on the 5 speed swap
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
Squashdaddy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 6MT 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Squashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
If you have the stock parts and don't mind spending more time or money installing them, and don't mind the hassle of selling and shipping the performance parts, then by all means do that. In my experience, I sell the car AS IS. The right buyer appreciates the upgrades, and will pay a little extra for them. The car is stage 2, you should sell it as such.
You're doing the future owner a disservice if it doesn't have the supporting mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
All about time vs money. Do you have the time and effort to put the car back to stock? If so, yeah, you'll make more going back to stock so you can resell your parts on the side. Otherwise, if you do not, you may be able to ask a lil more for the sale, but some buyers are worried that because they see the aftermarket parts that you beat the car to sh!t and might be hesitant to buy it. You also cannot add-on the total amount of the parts of what you would get if you sold them separately. You'd have to give a general add-on cost of your mods while taking a loss if you had sold them separately because they'll worry that the car just isn't worth it with the total added on even if they understand the parts bought would cost around that much.

Again though, it's time vs money. If you got the time, you'll get more $$$.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
1ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
When I was shopping for my car I stayed away from modded cars. I'm sure there are great modded cars out there, but any modding has to be done by me.

You'll do much better returning to stock if you have the time.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post

can't unsee it now.