GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ObdEleven (Ac Coding)

davcohen

Ready to race!
Just picked up an ObdEleven and was under the assumption our cars were similar to the MK7's to where you could enable Hot Climate for for efficient AC

Had my car since 282 miles and the AC has always been great in houston until the temperature reaches around 85 then it just literally sucks. Takes forever to get cool and the air coming thru the vents does not seem particularly cold

Is there a setting to enable this in our cars either thru the regular interface or thru long coding (which I have never tried but seen some guides for the MK7 wasnt sure this same coding applies to the MK6)

Im sure this would be some useful information to various members who live down south, I know I am not the only one dying in my GTI when the temperatures sore lol

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I live in Jersey and can attest to the heat during the summer. 85 isn't overly hot and the AC should be well enough and not to the point of feeling like it isn't cooling you. Being that you've had it from day one, have you ever refilled the refrigerant?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I am in Dallas and when it gets real hot and I'm alone I turn off the passenger vents. I would check r134 and see if you are low, mine is cool as long as you are moving

davcohen

Ready to race!
I am in Dallas and when it gets real hot and I'm alone I turn off the passenger vents. I would check r134 and see if you are low, mine is cool as long as you are moving

I can check my refrigerant level but highly doubt it is down to that its always been the same once the humidity level and heat gets up there the AC is just a fail. Currently at 45k miles but remember this being a consistent issue regardless of mileage prior I had a 3 dr and it was pretty much the same.

In comparison my friends 2007 Pontiac G6 never needs to turn the AC past 2 of 4 otherwise it is literally freezing in there :thumbdown: