GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSG DSG DE lol omghi2u

MaseDogg5

What’s up guys -
Just picked up my first mark6. I’ve had several mk3, mk4, and built a mk3.5 cabrio Vr6 a couple summers ago.

The mk6 is mostly stock. Previous owner did depot tails, tint, cst turbo intake, and interior led. Car is also ceramic coated.

I put in some smoked side markers as soon as it got home ( I ordered them before I got the car!) Will need a suspension refresh and to go a little lower. Thinking DG springs and bilsteins. Maybe some lighter wheels (OZ super or ultraleggera)

Really liking the DSG. Also really like the adaptive headlights !

The interior LEDs flicker a little. Any ideas ?

I also have an odd whine when I floor it. Might be transmission ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What’s up guys -
Just picked up my first mark6. I’ve had several mk3, mk4, and built a mk3.5 cabrio Vr6 a couple summers ago.

The mk6 is mostly stock. Previous owner did depot tails, tint, cst turbo intake, and interior led. Car is also ceramic coated.

I put in some smoked side markers as soon as it got home ( I ordered them before I got the car!) Will need a suspension refresh and to go a little lower. Thinking DG springs and bilsteins. Maybe some lighter wheels (OZ super or ultraleggera)

Really liking the DSG. Also really like the adaptive headlights !

The interior LEDs flicker a little. Any ideas ?

I also have an odd whine when I floor it. Might be transmission ?

Whine could be the diverter valve.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

MaseDogg5

Whine could be the diverter valve.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Found a YouTube video and it sounds the same. The car may be tuned but for sure has an intake which I guess can cause this noise.
I’ll add an upgraded DV to my to-do list.
[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
looks good! I've always liked those wheels. too bad they're so fricken heavy. Make sure u disconnect the soundkator under the plastic tray if it wasn't done already.

https://youtu.be/8mUbYVS3uEc

Ceramic coating looks shiny!!

MaseDogg5

Got the rev D diverter valve and the GFB DV+ ordered.

I also had some vibration in the brake pedal, caused by the aftermarket intake hitting the brake fluid reservoir. I’m finding a ton of good info in this forum !

Next will be to refresh the suspension. I’ve got 98k and want a comfortable ride. Don’t need adjustability but I’m reading the Koni coils ride the best ?

Also I’ll do a DSG service since idk when it was done last.

MaseDogg5

Ordered DG Springs , all new mounts and installation hardware. I’ll also be ordering some new Koni Yellows or Bilsteins

Did a little weight reduction tonight.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Ordered DG Springs , all new mounts and installation hardware. I’ll also be ordering some new Koni Yellows or Bilsteins

Did a little weight reduction tonight.

Folks like the koni strt orange struts with dg springs if u don't care about adjusting them.

Also u only need rev d or gfb+ not both u less u got both to test them out. I'm more partial to oem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MaseDogg5

Folks like the koni strt orange struts with dg springs if u don't care about adjusting them.

Also u only need rev d or gfb+ not both u less u got both to test them out. I'm more partial to oem.

I had Koni orange on my mk4 and didn’t like them. Reviews are saying Koni yellows are good.

My current DV makes a whine at WOT - I thought you needed a new DV (latest rev) and you pair it with the DV+ for higher efficiency?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I had Koni orange on my mk4 and didn’t like them. Reviews are saying Koni yellows are good.

My current DV makes a whine at WOT - I thought you needed a new DV (latest rev) and you pair it with the DV+ for higher efficiency?

I drive on koni yellows/sports and love em.
I played with the adjustability aspect and got em to my preference fairly easily.
Fronts can be easily changed rears need to be partially removed to adjust.

The DV+ works with any DV, it removes/replaces the problematic internals with the rubber diaphragm. so no matter what rev DV you currently have you can use that and pair with DV+ and be good to go.

The rev D is just an OEM replacement with all plastic diaphragm.
Im not quite sure what you mean by "higher efficiency" but the core components used with the DV+ on any OEM DV are basically identical.

MaseDogg5

I drive on koni yellows/sports and love em.

I played with the adjustability aspect and got em to my preference fairly easily.

Fronts can be easily changed rears need to be partially removed to adjust.

The DV+ works with any DV, it removes/replaces the problematic internals with the rubber diaphragm. so no matter what rev DV you currently have you can use that and pair with DV+ and be good to go.

The rev D is just an OEM replacement with all plastic diaphragm.

Im not quite sure what you mean by "higher efficiency" but the core components used with the DV+ on any OEM DV are basically identical.

Good to know !

Yeah I think the Koni yellows are the way to go because of adjustability. Not sure which Bilsteins would be proper ? B6 or B8 ?

For the DV+ I guess I’ll pair it with my current DV and then keep the Rev D on the shelf for if it needs to go back to stock. [emoji1303]

MaseDogg5

Did a quick wash - the car has been ceramic coated by G-Techniq and it washes and dries beautifully. Paint is in really great condition for 100k.
Needs a wax - not sure if it’s gotta be special. And it needs a few stone chips touched up. Overall it’s super clean though

torga

Autocross Champion
Looking good!! Nothing compares to how deep the dark cars shine.

MaseDogg5

Looking good!! Nothing compares to how deep the dark cars shine.

Thanks!

Got the DV+ installed today and it fixed my WOT whine issue. Super stoked ! Car has more power for sure and breaks loose more easily it seems