GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0507 Code MKV GTI

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right section.

I'm an owner of 2 GTI's, one MK6 GTI (which I'll create another post about) and an MKV GTI (TSI Engine).

My MKV has suited me greatly. I'm at 135,400 miles and I had a lot done to it. Not much mods, but more maintenance.

MKV Modifications: Neuspeed Intake, Stage I Tune.

I keep getting a P0507 code for high idle. I figured it'd be a simple fix but it turns out it's giving me trouble.

It happens a lot when driving and then coming to a complete stop. The RPMs drop to about 1k for a while then come to an idle.

Thing's Replaced:

PCV. Rear Main, Throttle Body (+ alignment for TB), New MAF, and I'm not sure what else it could be. I think there may be a hissing sound coming from within the engine bay but I cannot pinpoint it.

Anyone else have trouble with this code?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Usually this code is triggered by some sort of vacuum leak. Ive gotten this code both from a bad PCV and a blown rear main seal on two different occasions but looks like you got those already. If it's difficult to locate the leak, a smoke test may be a good next step.

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
Usually this code is triggered by some sort of vacuum leak. Ive gotten this code both from a bad PCV and a blown rear main seal on two different occasions but looks like you got those already. If it's difficult to locate the leak, a smoke test may be a good next step.

Thank you for the advice. I'm most likely going to end up taking it to a knowledgable shop to do just that. I don't want to guess what it could be.

yang

well, how is your mkv gti right now. when you said rear main, do you mean rear main seal at the crankshaft? i am driving a 2009 GTI TSI, and i know that my rear main seal is leaking, but i am not sure if that could fix the p0507.i am not sure if rear main seal leak is consist as a vacuum leak .i replaced it with oem pcv too. if anything that cost alot, the car is not worth to fix any more.

ktopher

Ready to race!
well, how is your mkv gti right now. when you said rear main, do you mean rear main seal at the crankshaft? i am driving a 2009 GTI TSI, and i know that my rear main seal is leaking, but i am not sure if that could fix the p0507.i am not sure if rear main seal leak is consist as a vacuum leak .i replaced it with oem pcv too. if anything that cost alot, the car is not worth to fix any more.

Here's a good thread for you-- https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/p0507-idle-higher-than-expected.266056/