GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
interestingly enough, i qualify but my BB pump has been okay for the past 30k miles. just to note, i'm on my 4th pump.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I just checked the site again today, and my 2012 was added to the list. As far as I know, it isn't leaking now and hasn't leaked in the past. But then again, I've only had the car for a couple thousand miles (bought at 24k, at 26k and change now). I'm thinking of having it replaced just for peace of mind.

I just checked the site again today, and my 2012 was added to the list. As far as I know, it isn't leaking now and hasn't leaked in the past. But then again, I've only had the car for a couple thousand miles (bought at 24k, at 26k and change now). I'm thinking of having it replaced just for peace of mind.

what's your build date?
check door jam

Might as well change it at next oil change. No hurry if it ain't slow leaking. The service campaign is good til 2018.

I have a feeling this';; turn into a 120k mile extended warranty thing like the manifold.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I don't exactly remember how many revisions there have been, but why would my build date be of relevance? Is it possible I already have a BG pump?

I don't exactly remember how many revisions there have been, but why would my build date be of relevance? Is it possible I already have a BG pump?

dude, it's not uncommon for mfgrs to change suppliers half way through the year... or to change the design of a part here and there.

BTW, I have a 2012, build date of 4/2012, AND mine is NOT ON THE LIST.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
dude, it's not uncommon for mfgrs to change suppliers half way through the year... or to change the design of a part here and there.

mine is 2012, build date 11/2011, and is on the list

mine is 2012, build date 11/2011, and is on the list

thanks.

mere speculation, but perhaps VW changed design/ suppliers for build year 2012, or first half of build year 2012... perhaps, but doesn't make a whole lotta sense seeing as though there are many 2011s and 2013s on the list.

Would like other 2012's to chime in please.

VgRt6

Ready to race!
Anyone know if the service action is for both CBFA and CCTA engines? Humble Mechanic only mentions the part number for the CBFA engine (-BG). The service action doesn't show up for my 2012 CCTA.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion

I know that parts do change, but the BG part is the latest revision. Even if I had an updated one from the factory, the BG would still be a higher revision than I have in there now. Plus, like what was mentioned earlier, I know some 2013's and 14's are on the list as well.

dealin

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks.

mere speculation, but perhaps VW changed design/ suppliers for build year 2012, or first half of build year 2012... perhaps, but doesn't make a whole lotta sense seeing as though there are many 2011s and 2013s on the list.

Would like other 2012's to chime in please.

Mine's a 2012 and it's on the list. I'd have to check the build date later today but pretty sure it's 2011.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
In case people was wondering, another dude on Garden State Euro's posted pics of his replacement. Apparently this is what was said as he was right there with the mechanic at VW as it was being replaced and snapping pics which he provided on GSE.

"the replacement which is reinforced with a metal plate instead of plastic."

Not sure if your on this forum...